Will an 87 wastegate work?

GN84Turbo

Where'd all my money go?
I want to buy an adjustable wastegate actuator for my car,and i heard the IC actuators work on the hotairs, and look better too. Has anyone heard about this?

Also, I'm thinking of purchasing it from Postons, rather than ATR, since Postons price is $84.88 and ATR is asking $129.95, for what looks like the same thing. Has anyone bought one from Postons?

I bought mine fromm Poston. Its for an 84/85 but what they do, is convert an 86/87 to fit a hotair. they just drill out a hole a little bigger. The 86/87 actuaters dont look any better than 84/85 ones. Its all the same thing. They look the same. If you want, you can just make your own. Check out gnttype.org and there will be instructions on how to make on adj. Make sure to upgrade you fuel system also. Hope that helps.

They do, but all you have to do is block off one of the lines. Im not sure which one since the wasgate that I bought was just a spare one.

Thanks for the info. I'll just get the 87 one.

Oh and BTW, I probably have as many, if not more, fuel mods than you. So fuel shouldn't be a probem. :D

Why two vacuum lines?

Does anybody know exactly why there are two vacuum lines on the '84-'85 cars? I have an adjustable one from an '87 on because it came with my turbo and my original one was gone. I know the engineers had a reason for this, I would just like to know why?