will a tight converter cause almost no spoolup.

peterkin

..it isn't rocket science
i'm asking because i just thought about the fact that i never really tried to brake torque my converter after having it cleaned and stuff at a shop. i tried it at the track last sunday and i couldn't build more than 5lbs of boost. i know, i know, i said that it didn't do it until i put in the 110, but i don't think that's the case.

can a tight converter cause slow spoolup? along with the crack i think i have in the driver side header.

A really tight convertor will definately result in some poor 60' times. Your convertor is not slipping therefore more load (lV8's) is on the motor at lower rpm's. Then it takes that much longer for the rpm's to reach your maximum Torque and HP rating of the motor. Remember HP and Torque, of a motor, will play a big part with determining convertor stall. However, one good thing about a tight convertor is your city gas mileage should improve.. HTH

Mike Banas
87GN

No, you misunderstood my answer. Actually, that was meant to answer the tight converter question...but since you applied it to the header thing too, then....yes and yes. Actually, Intercooler got in before I could answer! :)

-Bobby

thanks for the info mike. i'll check on the city gas mileage thing as soon as i get the header crack fixed.