Will a Monte SS TH2004r work behind a TR engine?

GNVAIR

My father just got a beautiful 88 Monte SS as you can see in my sig. He wants to install a TR drivetrain in it. He is not concerned with originality or messing with a low mile car. He just loves the power of the Buick and how quiet it is.
The main question is will the original 40k mile TH2004r be ok behind the Buick V6? From what I understand, the Monte should have the D5 convertor. I think I remember that only the BQ and BRF's had the 2 pressure switches. The Monte should only have the 4th gear switch. Will it be ok to run it without the 3rd gear switch? The other thing is the tv cable. I havent had the chance to compare a TR cable to the one on the Monte. Will the one on the Monte work? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA
Btw, This is my 58 y/o father's car. He doesnt race and it will most likely be basically stock.

The calibration of the two transmissions are close. I'd recommend a valve body kit to sharpen the shifts along with a 0.500" TV boost valve and a BRF intermediate servo to raise torque capacity.

You'll be OK w/o the third gear pressure switch. It's likely that you'll need to swap TV cables but I'm not really sure.

You are talking about the servo on the side? Right?
Would a Super Servo be the way to go? Is the tv boost valve something that could be accomplished by a do it yourselfer?

Yes the servo is on the side. A super servo would be better than the smaller aftermaarket servo.

Replacing the boost valve isn't difficult. Pull the pan, remove retaining ring with snap-ring pliers, swap the valve assembly and replace ring. Most valve body kits will have you going in there anyway to replace the PR spring.

Do you recommend any valve body kits over others? I know you guys arent allowed to name names, but give me a hint. I want something that doesnt require drilling of the valve body. -

Can't name names? heheheh OH?
I would for the dollar and simplicity, buy the Art Carr High Tech kit. Works great and is very easy to install.
Call Art or I think I got two or three in stock. Art sent them up for somethin, I dont rememeber but I got them. Call me at work. I have had them awhile. Tell you what .....Christmas deal, call me tommorrow and I will sell it to you at what Art would sell it to me. :)

Listenin' Art?........Merry Xmas.......hehhehehehe

Bruce
WE4
www.PTSnctb.com