Will 02 readings get skewed by alky?

Tom87GN

YOU'RE MY BOY BLUE!!!!
I am in the process of tuning my car with the alcohol and I got asked a question that I cannot answer.

I am running a mixture of 75% denatured alcohol and 25% distilled water, with a cap full of Marvel's Mystery Oil to lubricate the pump.

Will this mixture skew my 02 numbers? My buddies are asking if the alky will make the 02's seem lower than normal for some reason.

The reason I ask the question is that I've been fighting a lean condition on the top end for years. I have the kit coming to life at around 10 psi boost and I get low 800's O2 numbers until around 85+ MPH, then they start coming down progressively until they dip into the 740's at around 105-110 MPH.

I've been running this alky kit for 4 or 5 years now on the car.

Any help is much appreciated!!

Better ask Steve at SMC if his pump likes water.. My understanding is they didnt.

alky kit

I have a SMC kit and have no problems with my O2 readings. I use a 50/50 mix distilled and denatured alky. When the alky engages the O2 should go up in the 8 hundred and slowlydrop down and stabilize in the high 7hundreds. I think may be you have a fuel problem rather than alky. Tune you O2 numbers in first just on fuel and once that's done you should see the numbers you need. Remember alky main purpose is to cool the air charge not to make of for lack of fuel.