wideband out put

pwr6kid

I have my wideband hooked up to my power logger. It is a LC2. There is an auxiliary 0v-1v output I can program to be parallel to the wideband readings. Has any one tried using that signal out put as a replacement for the stock O2 sensor? Are there and benefits to this? I’m just wondering and thought about trying it to see.

It can be done, I'm sure some have done it. That "other" 0-1v output could in fact replace the stock O2 sensor's signal. Just feed it to the wire the stock sensor feeds.

Not sure how well the LC1/2's simulated narrow band output is, but I have done extensive testing on my PLX narrow band simulated output and found it to be something I'd rather not use in place of the stock O2.

It's hard to describe, but even the response curve of the stock NB has some gradual sloping on either side of stoiceometric (hence the various readings even at WOT).

The simulated NB outputs from WBO2's have no such sloping in the the traces above and below stoiceometric. They are flat. Example; anytiime mine went a few tenths rich of stoic. it would read ONE voltage (.9xx) and never vary no matter what, and on the other hand, when it went a few tenths lean from stoic. it read ONE voltage (.02x) and never varied.

Not exactly the kind of NB response curve I'd like to see.

Soooooo, I left the stock NBO2 in place feeding the ECM, and use the WBO2 for WOT tracking and control. The ECM and car are very happy this way.