why?

F

firebird_1252

my car has delco tweeters in the dash.. is this factory?

Why do you think it is a tweeter? stock dash speaker is a 3.5". Delco did make some tweeters with a 3.5" mounting flange although they never put them in the G-body. Maybe someone swapped in a set.

Originally posted by firebird_1252
my car has delco tweeters in the dash.. is this factory?

My car came from the factory with tweeters in the dash also, it may have something to do with having concert sound II. Its a factory item.

My car also came with 3 1/2" speakers in the dash. I'm quite sure all Regals with any radio option at all came with 3 1/2s in the dash. Were you referring to a specific type of tweeter speaker or just a 3 1/2 in which you assume is a tweeter?

should have been more clear.. i was told that gm never put tweeters in the gn... but they are in there.. just wanna know if its factory.. audiowizard the doors will any 5.25 do?

audiowizard the doors will any 5.25 do?

As long as they are not too much deeper than the original 5.25". D.Conner runs a set of CV that work well in his.

For the record, I have a set of GM original dash tweets that I am selling in the parts for sale section. There is a pic of them :) .

should i replace them? the tweeters that is... does it matter or is a tweeter a tweeter?

should i replace them? the tweeters that is... does it matter or is a tweeter a tweeter?

Lets just say that the GM tweeters arent the best in the world ;) . If it sounds ok to you then keep them but if you want better then go ahead and replace them with something better. I personally dont prefer the sound of tweeters reflecting off of windshield so I am not sure what to recomend other than a set of kick panel or door panel pods with a good set of components :) . I am sure the guys here will chime in and give you a couple of recomendations that you might consider.

thanks man... i mean the highs are amazing. and the only other things i have in the car is my kenwood mp3 player and my 6x9's :)

As long as you are happy and satisfied with the sound, that is all that matters. You did upgrade the signal source by installing an MP3 and 6 X 9s :cool: .

yeah the 6x9's are the ones right under the pioneer premeirs. i wanna get new speekers for the doors and go with 2 10's i'm looking at the tornados. i really want the premeirs but they are real expensive :(