Why these cars are worth paying for!!!

slowcar

Banned
The engines in the TR'S are 20 years ahead of there time... more power then most big blocks and more economical...2 years of production... can we say rarer then Hemis and anything else you can think of that demands BIG Money today?....I do recall offering to buy the two buicks that the gentleman was buying but at that time I had exactly that amount of money to spare... if he said no .. which he did.. well I got no cars... he did buy that really clean 32k mile Blue on Blue T .... he was asking more then he paid...about 3k more.. well account the shipping and maybe $1500 more... WELL GUYS I AM GONNA LET YOU IN ON SOMETHING... How many .. And I do mean HOW MANY OF THESE CARS .... CLEAN ONES ACTUALLY COME UP FOR SALE NOWADAYS???? HMMMM .... Hardly ever....NEVER.....We are not talking SRT8's Or Lexus's or GTO'S or Stangs here.. we are talking about cars which less then 35% of the original production account is gone forever.... They dont build'em anymore obviously .. in over 20 years soon.... They are for collectors and enthusiasts Period... The GN'S are notorious and the T'S and The Limiteds are known amongst us Buick fanatics and when you let a complete fool of these cars in on the rarity .... they cant believe the amount that may exist and how fast the cars were stock....My Limited for example .. well it has leather and some of the other members may own one or there may be more out there for sale...maybe 20-30 around?? But how long will someone want to wait and will it be original and clean?? Maybe a handful are like this and maybe a half a dozen come up for sale a year... GN'S?? WELL clean ones are now being sold on ebay with low miles... going for crappy bids and nobody is looking at them now...not as much as they should...We are about to hit the 20 year mark and these cars are going to fly in value.... no BS.... what other cars in the 80's had any kind of performance at all? A calloway vette? Crap..... A porche... yeah right...TA'S...maybe but they wont see any real money....TTA'S? they will start to go up but the whole Pontiac thing hurts them a little...on the other hand the TR'S were the fastest 0-60 and 1/4 mile car next to the Countach in the world as for as production goes... What does this mean? Serious Interest and collector status... The GNX is seeing it first and why? Because it was the highest cost and most recognized car at the end of the era of these TR'S.... All the other cars are going to follow.... There were a ton of Hemis, Shelbys, LS6'S in the early 90's available and they were just starting to take off like rockets and now going on almost 35 years ... wow...a bit more rare .... a lot more money.... It also comes down to what a person wants for their cars... The new GT500's Are stupid priced... 65k for a modified mustang... yeah at 10k units a year...no rarity on that one... only an idiot will pay that much... and a lot of people are.. they are listening to a dealer tell them that the cars are a one on production and no more to be built... 5 sec. on the net shows otherwise...But people are coughing up the dough.... think about it if someone will pay it then why not sell it to them? This kills the market all together.....Back to the Buick...19 years and counting.. the cars are only getting rarer and harder to find.... And can you live with the fact that you let a car that you may never see again in a long time for sale go because you were penny pinching on the notion that the other guy paid less?? Give me a break....you want it ... you buy it.. what are we talking about here guys ..cars that are costing us less then a base Hyundai at the local dealer???GEESH....Look at the people shelling out 50-70k for a GNX ... and you will say well those people have got the loot? Yeah right most of them are getting loans and taking out second house loans... why? Because they feel a rise in value IN THE FUTURE and it is what they want... Well I can buy 5 of my cars for the price of one of the GNX's...and all TR'S give you the same enjoyment and driving experience when stock...no substitute for the turbo 3.8!!! In comparison I have to say that again the price these cars are now should be considered cheap... and it wont be long before the market jumps and people get greedy and wont sell for less then there ASKING PRICES as the GNX'S are now...A USED 3 YEAR OLD PRIUS is selling for more then prime TR'S are selling for... this is crazy...but good time to buy that is for sure...Money is only paper... this car is piece of history...... I have owned A LOT OF CARS... and I always have a love for the TR'S ......It is hard to get one you really want anymore....because nobody is selling them and not many are around to sell.... If it was up to me I would buy a warehouse and put as many as I can away... unmolested and orginal..... money in the bank...but I cant right now....Thats all FOLKS....I rest my case .... oh and the car is still for sale and the highest offer is $16,200....

TRs

he just want to express his point and feelings, that's all. If i have the dough i'll buy his toy because what he said was true.

See I know us TR guys all feel the same about these cars

A generation gone.... new cars are cool in every respect .... faster and better handling .. and decent fuel economy..(zo6) but a TR makes you feel humble and unique... just as any old muscle car of the old days would...we can all finance a cool hot new ride off the showroon but why be normal? Why not be cooler and ride your own style in a car that represents something....GOTTA HAVE ONE .....What cars does Foose and Jay Leno admire the most? Cars that have ultra appeal... the cars that stand out and make you feel like you have something special.......Damn Leno once bought a Gremlin with the levi interior because nobody else wanted it....and because it was so rare to boot....

slowcar said:
................................but a TR makes you feel humble and unique.......
---------------------------------
My turbo Buick makes me feel kool, and like I want to run everything else off the road.

slowcarfor... Money is only paper... this car is piece of history...... QUOTE said:
ya but it all boils down to CASH makes the world go round :eek: Cars are worth what someone will pay in CASH ..cut and dry :p

this is exactly how i feel, ive already missed the boat on my other favorite muscle car, the 68-70 chargers, they were never cheap, but now their asking stupid money for even rust buckets. im trying to get my TR, before its too late, ive been into TRs for a while, while long ago i wasnt really in the market, but as i long time watcher of prices they have not appriciated all that much. soon all the 60s and 70s cars will dry up and these will start to get noticed, then the prices will skyrocket. i just hope i can get one before i cant afford it anymore.

Grumpy said:
slowcarfor... Money is only paper... this car is piece of history...... QUOTE said:
ya but it all boils down to CASH makes the world go round :eek: Cars are worth what someone will pay in CASH ..cut and dry :p

Ditto.

If someone was to offer me 16.2, that car would be sold :biggrin: Then I would use 10k to buy this 70' charger around the courner from me and this T-type over in Dallas. Damn my insurence would suck but it would be fun lol

SVORay said:
Grumpy said:
Ditto.

If someone was to offer me 16.2, that car would be sold :biggrin: Then I would use 10k to buy this 70' charger around the courner from me and this T-type over in Dallas. Damn my insurence would suck but it would be fun lol

That's what collector car insurance is for. GN and both Mustangs are less than 1K a year.

Grumpy said:

Grump, e-mail me some pics of your 66 sometime. Would love to see it.

That's what collector car insurance is for. GN and both Mustangs are less than 1K a year.

yes collector car insurance is cheap, but dosnt actually work out very well it you actually drive youre car. dont most have like a 5k or less mile per year cap to qualify? plus ive seen some that to qualify you had to have another car that was less than 10 years old!

loki993 said:
yes collector car insurance is cheap, but dosnt actually work out very well it you actually drive youre car. dont most have like a 5k or less mile per year cap to qualify? plus ive seen some that to qualify you had to have another car that was less than 10 years old!

Hence the car "collector" insurance, get like 10 cars and there is no way you can drive them all for a total of 50,000 miles a year :cool: :eek:

Did i just say that?

Oh thats right, cant be driven daily.... hmmm :biggrin:

BW