Why no Buick Historical Service?

t-topflyer

The Mopar guys have Galen Govier that can decode their cars and tell how many were built just like it, Ford has Kevin Marti that can do the same, and Pontiac has PHS that can provide all kinds of original documents and literature for those cars.

As Turbo Buicks become increasingly popular in the collector market, is there any chance of a service such as this being offered for these cars?

It's there, have you tried "search"? The guy you need is George Zapora at GM of Canada, 905-440-7636 or George.zapora@cc.gmcanada.com. He can do USA or CAN vehicles but be aware that all of the info packages I've seen have had the last page of RPO codes clipped off.

It's there, have you tried "search"? The guy you need is George Zapora at GM of Canada, 905-440-7636 or George.zapora@cc.gmcanada.com. He can do USA or CAN vehicles but be aware that all of the info packages I've seen have had the last page of RPO codes clipped off.

Thanks, I'll check into that. Any idea on what kind of information is included? Looks like it might be limited to Canadian vehicles.

Contacted George. Here's what they offer for US cars:

yours is a US sold car, I have no production number breakdowns for the various models. We only offer a vehicle history package outlining options on your car and engineering specifications, the package price is $58.30 CDN. We can also provide a copy of the original dealer invoice ( not the window sticker) but they are $79.50 extra. For the $58.30 package I would require a digital photo of the Service Parts ID label from your glove box, console lid or trunk lid area.

Anyone able to provide the production # breakdown for US cars?

Wow....guess the Pontiac guys are pretty lucky. Doesn't seem like you get any real info for the money!!:confused:

Ken B.

Yes, it seems like they decode the RPO sticker for you for $58.30 CDN. Not really anything that someone couldn't do on their own for the cost of about 30 minutes of time spent on the internet + 1-2 sheets of paper and ink.

Would be nice to find a service that could really break down the numbers. Might be worth the fee then.