Why in the world would I be happy with 13's?

Welby

When it runs 110 mph in the process! :D . Went to the track yesterday and got three runs in. Could have gone four but the car was slowing down a bit and I was tired of waiting. I recently got my TT Alky upgrade chip back from Eric, and after some great advice in the tech section, got the car running really well (It was sputtering badly on me up to that point).
Didn't know what to expect, as the best I'd ever ran was a 13.4@105. Was hoping for some 12's, but it didn't happen. Was thrilled to see 110 mph trap speeds though! Clearly, the problems are all traction related now :) . I just have Pep Boys 265/50 radials in the back.

In order I ran:

13.09@109.28, 2.17 60'
13.12@110.02, 2.24 60'
13.23@109.52, 2.31 60' :rolleyes:

Judging by the mph, I'm guessing I'm just some good tires away from low 12's, right? There were a ton of guys running similar mph's that were in the real low 12's and even high 11's ! . I ran an SRT-10 truck that had drag radials and a nitrous bottle in the bed and he whooped on me twice because I was left spinning. He ran a 12.51@105.93 and a 12.56@106.61 . I had the mph to wipe the smug look right off of his face, but couldn't catch up :rolleyes:

I'm done until spring now, I can't wait to get some good tires and let it rip when the season opens again :D

Those times look about right for a good run.

In the rain:biggrin: ...

four words: M T D Rs?

I feel your pain, except mine is not traction related. 13.20's @ 112 on ET Streets. Plenty of MPH, just can't get it moving. Sounds like you've got your problem figured out. Good Luck.

The only thing regular radials are good for on these cars is to make you lose control and put the car in a ditch.:eek:

Put some ET street drag radials and go lay down some 1.6-1.7 sixty foots and your 11.9-12.2 timeslip will be there.:cool:

Heck I hit a 1.83 60ft on Nitto street tires (not dr's). Track prep could play a big factor, but with 265/50's you should be able to hook.:confused: MPH is definitely there. (Time was in the TTA 245/50)