Why are these wires cut??

Justa_v6

I was recently doing a transmission filter and fluid service and noticed these wires were cut off from the inside of transmission. Can anyone tell why this would be cut deliberately.

The transmission is custom so I was told, it's an Art Carr that's as much as I know about it.

View attachment 265193
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1445620885.910425.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Not sure why they would cut/disconnect that wire/switch. It is the 4th gear pressure switch, activates once the trans shifts into 4th (OD). This will affect how the ECM handles the TCC lockup. But I don't believe for the better.

RemoveBeforeFlight

So would you suggest I wire it back up?
In order to activate the OD.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Depends on what else they have, done does your lock up work? Will need a little more info on if and when your converter is applying

doesnt activate od just lets ecu know its in 4th so ecu can command lockup

odds are that trans is a non lock unit and may have been behind a fast system that doesnt see gear flags or do lockup

any history , where did you get it?

My TTA has a Art Carr transmission that was in it when I bought it. I had Direct Scan hooked up and realized the ECM didn't know when the car was in 3rd or 4th gear. Dropped the transmission pan and found the same thing you have there. Art Carr likes NL transmissions so I'm sure yours is NL. I ran a Reds chip and didn't have any issues but since the ECM doesn't know what gear its in timing might be higher then you want in 3rd and 4th gear. I figured it was done for a reason and since the car ran great with no knock I left it alone. Now I run a TT 5.7 chip and still don't have any issues.