Who's Making Quality Downpipes Right Now???

Big H

I'm in the market for a 3" downpipe, but don't know who to go with. I've seen a bunch of cheap overseas made ones offered up recently, and I don't want to worry about a wastegate puck being misplaced or the flange not being completely straight. I have one now that the previous owner got from gbodyparts.com and the quality is pretty bad....any good recommendations?

Quality downpipes

I am really happy with the fab work on my Big Wood Racing 3.5" and I'm sure they'd be happy to do a 3" as well. RJC makes great quality parts as does TR Custom parts. I think T/A Performance sells a DP as well..sorry if I forgot anybody! :biggrin:

I've gone over it a few times in other threads, basically I had a problem with the puck sticking. I even had turbo Lou try to fix it, no luck. I went with one from Cotton's.

I hate buying the same thing twice.

Actually, a quick glance at the azgn website and I don't see the internal style pipe I had from them. Maybe he stopped selling them...

We dont make internal gated pipes. External gates do a better job of giving you control over the boost. We could do you a 3 inch SS downpipe with external gate tho if you wanted. With that 6262BB, youre gonna need it.

I was commenting on azgn not having the internal style like I had from them. I don't need a dp, and I went external. For anyone else running the 6262BB I would defiantly recommend going external!

I was commenting on azgn not having the internal style like I had from them. I don't need a dp, and I went external. For anyone else running the 6262BB I would defiantly recommend going external!

Oops.. thought you were the OP for some reason.

I've gone over it a few times in other threads, basically I had a problem with the puck sticking. I even had turbo Lou try to fix it, no luck. I went with one from Cotton's.

I hate buying the same thing twice.

Agh yes I remember now.

Thanks

A.j.

We dont make internal gated pipes. External gates do a better job of giving you control over the boost. We could do you a 3 inch SS downpipe with external gate tho if you wanted. With that 6262BB, youre gonna need it.
on a stock motor car with a SE Turbo downpipe I have no problem at all controlling boost with a 6262BB Billet wheel turbo:confused:
I did find the SE pipe to hang a bit lower than most but american made it was

I am looking for the same thing...Cottons performance seems to sell their downpipes over 100 bucks cheaper!! Is their a reason for this?

I am looking to get an internal gated DP.. and places like RJC and T/A perf. are like $475+

and it looks like cottons is under $300

Anyone have a cottons dp?? I would like to know if I should shell out the extra cash for a RJC or T/A downpipe

I don't know if cotton's sells an internal gated dp.

They are cheaper because they are not stainless...

I am looking for the same thing...Cottons performance seems to sell their downpipes over 100 bucks cheaper!! Is their a reason for this?

the pipe you looked up at Cottons is for a external gate.....that is why the price is cheaper..

Looks like I'll be going with a Cottons DP, anybody know who makes them for him and how they fit?

Mine fit just fine, he'll make you test pipe, dump pipe, custom cut cat, they've all fit perfect for me.

I've been thinking about selling my THDP and getting one from full throttle so I can run an external wastegate. Anyone running this?