Who's headers to buy?

boostingbuick

Going to be buried in this.
Need info on some stainless three bolts headers. Who's to buy? I have heard some of the ebay headers are ok. Are they?

Need info on some stainless three bolts headers. Who's to buy? I have heard some of the ebay headers are ok. Are they?

The general consensus on the Ebay's is... they are junk.

If your looking for quality, I like the original ATR's. If you want to buy a new set of headers, I would look no farther than TA's.

If your not a fabricaator stay away from the china stuff.
Call Nick Micale at Arizona GN.
He will sell you the TA ones they are superb quality and fit is great

There not for me. My buddy wants a set of stainless and was looking to spend under 500. Just wanted to see what people would say.

ebay headers

Please don't!!!!:eek:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 445
Buy it once...

I'm on my third set and the engine hasn't even been run yet.

1st set was Burhead and they had starter clearance issues. Sold those.

2nd set was GN1's "KB" headers which were Chinese made ATR style headers. Very thin material , like 18 gauge maybe and I had issues with the crossover sealing properly and the pass. side header hit the motor mount. I sent those back for a refund.

3rd and final set is the TA headers from Nick @ AZGN. By far the best made header. Thick flanges, thick tubes and everything fit beautifully. I bought the mild steel one's and had a local guy do the 2000* ceremic coating. I wouldn't bother with anything else.

I've noticed that for the most part with these cars..YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!! If your buddy is set on staying under $500 maybe he could have a set of stockers refurbished by one of our fine vendors and then ceramic coated.

OMG:eek: I was wasting time here and did a search on Ebay for headers :rolleyes: pay peanuts ya get monkeys!! although if ya have time and talent get the Ebay one's .. and after ya get pissed that they are junk call Nick for T/A one's :p

TA Performance bud,..... get rid of the other headaches, doubts, etc. however poston also sell a pretty decent set. but id save the few extra bucks & get the ta's all over many times if i had to do it over again ive had both. Ta's much better.:wink:

AZGN Headers

If your friend is dead set on not spending over 500 bucks then he ought to buy the set SamBalls sells. He backs up his product and they are supposedly diffferent then the dollar 49 headers:frown: . It maybe a crap shoot as far as fitament though. :confused: If he is willing to get frustrated :confused: and do some grinding/cussing :mad: and on the fly modifying he will have kept to his budget :smile: and have plenty of money left over for some Excedrin .:p

Your buddy may be better off taking off the stockers. Check them out for cracks and have em' fixed/welded if needed and then have them coated. Lot of guys going fast with the old stockers. Just so you know AZGN's are a log design like the stockers , the quality and materials used however are superior to that of the stocker. Infact wouldn't mind having a pair of the cheaper mild steel headers wouldn't hurt my feelings to not have Stainless plus it would be close to the 500 dollar budget:eek: Prep em real good and paint em with High Temp paint as they are real nice headers worth having. ;)

TA Headers

i like to buy once and forget about it. i have learned that with these cars if you try to save money, you end up spending more money and have a slower car..bought my TA headers from Nick Micale and the fit is great. i know that if i have a problem it is just a phone call away to get it taken care of and i like to support our venders...............Bob

Do a search

This has been gone over many times. Even in the last week. TAs are good. Cotton's are good. Just remember that cheaper, is'nt always cheaper. It aint a SBC. These things take alot of heat.

The question you should ask is does your friend need headers? Are his stockers irreparable or is he running faster then low 10s