Who’s Grand National?

Texas gn

I just saw a GN today at lunch while I was driving mine. It was in San Antonio between Military and Hwy 90 head south on 1604 about 11:45am. I was just finishing up a couple of third gear passes on 90 ( setting fuel delivery for my new head and cam setup) First one I have seen in a long time…maybe it is a board member. Had lightly tinted glass….Oh, last week I also saw a white turbo limited or T pulling into Pat Henderson elementary school….anyone?

Might have been me..I will have to look at the calendar..I live off 1604 and drove it near Houston in 3rd gear the whole way. Lol. Can't wait to get her back with the badass Lonnie Diers stage two trans here shortly. Did you notice what wheels were on it? I have the only Gn I've seen with 18" torqlites. Windows are all pretty black though. I miss my tinted windshield :(

The windows were most likely tinted in 35%. Can’t remember the wheels but it looked good rolling down the road…wish I was able to catch it. Maybe we can get some TR guys together one of these days. I was thinking about going to the track next Wednesdays if the weather is good. Got some new toys to try out.

Nice! The strip is open already? Man I'm down as soon as I get the car back. Trans is now in..just a couple more things to do.

Oh wow, I did not know that. Man I don't think this car will hook on street tires at all but I can't afford stickies right now. Will have to give it a shot anyway. Ever had your Camaro out there?

No, it has never been on the track. When I started looking into the raceway I saw that they had a requirement posted on their website that convertibles must have a roll cage if they go 13.9 seconds or faster. Well I an’t puttin no roll cage in my 67 RS/SS Camaro! ……So the Grand National was born…or bought. Then one day I was talking to the guys that work out at the track and they said no problem, bring the Camaro out and put the top up. I still have not told my wife that.