Who's cancelling due to gas prices?

Warped

No helmet required!
With various events fast approaching I was just wondering how many are cancelling their plans to attend the BPG, GSCA, Hot Rod, etc., events due to the high gas prices.

I have the vacation time available, but the gas cost is just too high. Gonna stick to local events this year.

-BC

As much as it pains me I will be out of the country for the nats in 2 weeks but will be at Norwalk and BPG but I have to tell you I might be reconsidering one of the events with damn diesel prices being 4.29.

I would have to win the event before I even get out there to cover the cost of the trip and I know I can't get that lucky twice in a lifetime.

Safe travels, good weather and good racing to all going to all Buick events.

Are you referring to race gas to run or pump gas to get to an event?

Are you referring to race gas to run or pump gas to get to an event?

>>> Diesel for my truck.....not a pretty site. Station down the street from me is $4.29 a gallon.

I think all the events will be affected by gas prices this year.

Buicksx2;1857607 I think all the events will be affected by gas prices this year.[/QUOTE said:
I agree :frown: Diesel in Ossippe, NH was $4.39 yesterday :eek:

Maybe I'm nuts, out of touch or just plain stupid HOWEVER consider the following:

Go 1000 miles at 10 MPG and you have used 100 gallons of fuel, gas or diesel, take your pick. At $3.00/gallon that's $300.00 you will spend in fuel. At $5.00/gallon, that's $500.00 you spend in fuel.

If that difference of $200.00 is that big a deal in your life and finances that you will not attend a Buick event or any other family or fun event that is really special to you and requires travel of 1,000 miles, then you have far bigger financial problems than to ever consider any vacation time, time with your family or Buick racing fun.

A second or third job would be the best place to spend your spare time!

Maybe you should consider/remember 1973 and the Arab Oil Embarge when you might have to sit in line for an hour for the priviledge to maybe buy 10 gallons of gas. That's if they did not run out of gas before you could get to the pump!!!

$5.00/gallon gas/diesel and the ability to buy all you want sure beats the hell out $2.00 gas/diesel and waiting in line!

Just a personal observation.

Maybe I'm nuts, out of touch or just plain stupid HOWEVER consider the following:

Go 1000 miles at 10 MPG and you have used 100 gallons of fuel, gas or diesel, take your pick. At $3.00/gallon that's $300.00 you will spend in fuel. At $5.00/gallon, that's $500.00 you spend in fuel.

If that difference of $200.00 is that big a deal in your life and finances that you will not attend a Buick event or any other family or fun event that is really special to you and requires travel of 1,000 miles, then you have far bigger financial problems than to ever consider any vacation time, time with your family or Buick racing fun.

Maybe you should consider/remember 1973 and the Arab Oil Embarge when you might have to sit in line for an hour for the priviledge to maybe buy 10 gallons of gas. That's if they did not run out of gas before you could get to the pump!!!

$5.00/gallon gas/diesel and the ability to buy all you want sure beats the hell out $2.00 gas/diesel and waiting in line!

Some people have to watch every penny... Alot of these guys that go love it so much they do what they have to too get there... Both ways that's $400 bucks.... That is alot of money, when you are already struggling to make ends meet!

I have wealthy friends that have quit traveling for the principal of it as well. I think it is crazy for oil companies to have record profits when the entire world is suffering from it! I love capitalism as much as anyone but sometimes you have to draw a line!!!!

I think twice about every mile I go, $2 extra is $2 extra out of my pocket....

Remember the basis that all this stuff started fuel was in the $1+ range, we used to get the BG for less than $100 one way, now it's well over $300+ one way, so you go there or make the other 3 options up here for what your fuel cost is for one event. Not hard to figure out. Now factor in the extra money we all spend over a year for normal every day driving EXTRA out of our extra cash purse(most of ours is gone now) and you really have a issue at hand. I don't see all of us getting pay raises to cover this, do you? I'm sure most aren't all as well off as you so I can see you see $200 as chump change, but not so with others.

I'm sure you'll be at BG anyways, so have fun and safe travels and good racing to everybody.

Some people have to watch every penny... Alot of these guys that go love it so much they do what they have to too get there... Both ways that's $400 bucks.... That is alot of money, when you are already struggling to make ends meet!

I have wealthy friends that have quit traveling for the principal of it as well. I think it is crazy for oil companies to have record profits when the entire world is suffering from it! I love capitalism as much as anyone but sometimes you have to draw a line!!!!

AMEN Brother...... i work damn near 3 jobs as it is just so i can "play" around.
At my "9-5" [which i need due to benefits] i havent seen a raise in over 4 years, yet my living expenses skyrocketed.

Oil companies have refineries, you dont. You'll pay the prices or you won't drive. Its that simple.

I have to agree with vintageracer, if that increase in fuel is gonna break you (for one event) you need another job or less bills or another hobby.
Or you could be using it as excuse but you have high dollar fords with german shepards posing in the back seat with stage 2 parts in the trunk. :smile:

Dan hate to see yall aren't gonna make it.

Was looking forward to it, have hotel res but was a bad year and doesnt look much better, so still on the fence but if i hit the big game drawing tonight then fuel is on me for everyone..lol

We were just talking about this the other day. I also agree if a couple hundred bucks is gonna break you than your living beyond your means already. My car is my habbit, in fact I just filled it up with Cam2 @ $6.89 a gallon. Dont get me wrong, I dont lke high prices either, but thats the price to play and Im still willing to pay. Im not rich either, if theres a will, theres a way :)

My son and I are flying in and getting picked up at the airport.. Its way cheaper than driving up there.

I appreciate honesty. And I don't think SGRIM is broke!

Gas prices are affecting us Gearheads. Period!! It sucks.

I love Cars. But I hate Gas Prices!!

I bought a boat recently. "I'm going fishing Goshdarnit!"

Bottom line is the extra cash for gas has to come from somewhere - savings, car parts, or necessities. Then factor in iffy weather and you roll the dice on several hundred bucks. It's a tough call for lots of folks. Fortunately, the tax rebate will get here before the Nats. But that just seems to make it worse. Money I would have spent on X now just feels like it's going out the tail pipe. Still going though.

AMEN Brother...... i work damn near 3 jobs as it is just so i can "play" around.
At my "9-5" [which i need due to benefits] i havent seen a raise in over 4 years, yet my living expenses skyrocketed.

X2 It is sad everything becomes more expensive but our pay checks don't go up :mad:

I appreciate honesty. And I don't think SGRIM is broke!

Gas prices are affecting us Gearheads. Period!! It sucks.

I love Cars. But I hate Gas Prices!!

I bought a boat recently. "I'm going fishing Goshdarnit!"

That is it!!!! Has nothing to do with my finanicial stability, I am fine:biggrin:

These high gas prices are going to hurt all Americans sooner or later.... It is a trickle down effect...

Just two of my business have taken a big hit due to gas prices... Not only are we spending $10K a month in fuel, were we were only a couple of years ago spending 5... That's 60K a year in just fuel costs, that is a couple of employee salaries. If I was hurting and not loyal to my employees I would have had to offset that cost the eaisest way possible!

Now customers are struggling to pay! Once people stop paying their debts so they can eat and drive to work, I don't care what business you are in it will hurt you eventually! Unless you are in the oil business:wink: