Who's been 9's with stock mains and no girdle?

StageII86

Stock 109 before anyone says "yeah in a Stage II!"

Seems like I recall a few "Hail Mary's" awhile back - anyone doing it regularly at 3500lbs?

I can't see bearings lasting very long, but one constant with these cars is that there isn't always consistency in people's results.

I dont think so.. (consistant). Stock caps, no girdle @ 9's = ticking bomb!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

It is a huge stretch (and I'd never try!) I was just asking out of curiosity as there have always been those "exceptional" setups that manage to way more with way less. I remember some stock short block guys DEEP in the 10's around 130mph, not sure how long they lasted though...

My buddy Pacecarta has been 9's a few times on stock mains no girlde, just a steel crank. Pump gas and Alky also

Not to hijack, but I'm curious what the consensus is on what kind of times stock rod / main / crank 109 blocks can reliably handle. I'm a turbo away from having an upper 10 second car, but hold back just to be safe.

Not to hijack, but I'm curious what the consensus is on what kind of times stock rod / main / crank 109 blocks can reliably handle. I'm a turbo away from having an upper 10 second car, but hold back just to be safe.
Deep 10's....Clean tune or all bets are off!

Check some of bison's threads. I believe he hit 9's with a 100% stock block and only had a cam, ported heads, and a big turbo on it. He did crack 1 piston on the last run though.:(

Check some of bison's threads. I believe he hit 9's with a 100% stock block and only had a cam, ported heads, and a big turbo on it. He did crack 1 piston on the last run though.:(
IT CAN HAPPEN JUST NOT TO OFTEN . MOST IVE SEEN BREAK PRETTY QUICK IN THAT RANGE .. MID TEN'S WITH A GOOD TUNE FOR THE LONG TERM . THAT'S WERE IM AT WITH STOCK PARTS . NOT MUCH ON THE STREET CAN BEAT IT . BISONS HELP AND READING HELPED TO GET ME THIER . STOCK 9'S GO BOMB . CHARLIE , I LIKED THE BLOCK THAT WAS SPLIT IN HALF .

This is good to know. I have all ARP fastners, JE forged pistons, and also pistons / rods are all balanced. My tune is solid. Looks like I would be ok if I want to go bigger. Then again, I have no intent to cage my car so therefore will be tuning it to mid 11's. Plus, my TE-44 is a ball on the street!

I'm Gabby with the white turbo T in Miami on E85 typing in for TurboBuck86. I've built a few 109 motors with stock mains & crank that ran in the 9's. idk about that saying of counting ur passes until it blows lol. I don't think so, as long as ur tune is right on the money all the time.