Who to use besides Racetronix?

I have a serious question for you guys (after you barf up all the pool water)....

....why in the hell are you running aftermarket crap that's giving you so much trouble? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for more better shit, but.... there's no performance to be gained by having a ''racetronix fuel sender'' sticker on your car.

My stock shit have over 1/4 million miles on it and works good enough for me. Am I just a slacker that'll get my ass handed to me in a fuel gauge bench race?

I have a serious question for you guys (after you barf up all the pool water)....

....why in the hell are you running aftermarket crap that's giving you so much trouble? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for more better shit, but.... there's no performance to be gained by having a ''racetronix fuel sender'' sticker on your car.

My stock shit have over 1/4 million miles on it and works good enough for me. Am I just a slacker that'll get my ass handed to me in a fuel gauge bench race?
Thats some pretty good dirty pool water(taste like BUD).I was just doing a pump upgrade because I did not know anything about the one in the car(brand,how old,etc.)as it was in the car when I bought it.So far the switch in units was a big waste of time and money and I'm back to what I started with.As for the sticker,I fed it to the dog and he prolly SH#T it out in the yard today.

Mine sticks no matter how much fuel is in the tank. I drained it, filled it half way, move the angle of the tank, drained it, filled it with five gallons,put another five in, drained another two, added five, added another five, then filled it again. Lots and lots of messing around.

I bought this kit with the dual purple pumps and the line kit because my car needs the fuel output. Im hoping to knock off a pretty good number on the dyno. Thought Id be able to get Cal up herr to tune the car this year but this fuel system just didnt allow for it.

WOW..............not sure I want to throw in, but when I contacted Racetronix about the Fram filter housing they offer in their kit regarding the WIX # they recommend the communication fell off quickly.
Seems the tech @ Wix states they have no filter that supports E-85?? Hate to say but RTron. had no solid answer??

Thru all this pounding from both sides I still do not see a phone # for contact?

It can be lonely out here in GN land without some comfortable yet realistic contacts for all the innovations we seek to try !!!

Thru all this pounding from both sides I still do not see a phone # for contact?

He said in one of his post they do not have a tech line you have to go to their forum. That may work great for them but for the customer? I doubt.

He said in one of his post they do not have a tech line you have to go to their forum. That may work great for them but for the customer? I doubt.
And yet when you register to their site, you MUST enter a phone number (morning and evening, mobile is optional). So what's the point of giving them ours if they can't give us theirs?

I'm glad I do not use their products and I don't blame the OP for bringing it here, that is how others find out about their CS before they dive in head first.

I've been saying this for months.

If you do your homework and read about the vendors and how they do buisness most complaints are about a lack of communication!

If we the consumer continue to do buisness with the likes of vendors that state the best way to contact/resolve an issue is to join their site or send an email we only have ourselves to blame for the inevitable dissatisfaction that will almost always come.

Why would a vendor be more customer orientated if they can make money and shaft you at the same time by not spending time on the phone with you if we allow it. There are many reasons to not do buisness with vendors like that.

If vendors can't be bothered to give us their time for a sale/problem why shouldn't we do the same and not even call them or order online from them in the first place, I interpret vendors not willing to answer a phone as one or more of these reasons. Lazy, unorganized, not committed to the customer and their needs or trying to save money by keeping down the bottom line [money spent] to maximize profits.

I always call before placing any order now from any vendors on this or any other site. After getting a cheap parts store heater core from a vendor here I could have bought at any advance for 22 bucks instead of the brass one I ordered for close to 60 bucks and then getting nothing but aggravation when I tried to rectify the problem by calling and leaving messages to no avail I learned my lesson and now place a call before placing the order to hear someone on the other end verify that I will get what I ordered and the time it will be delivered and I haven't had a bad experience since.

If this was only happening with a new start up company that is still learning or trying to get a foot in the door and grow it might be tolerable for awhile. The problem is that most of the issues we read about in the vendors section are from well established companies.

If we the consumer would deprive them of our buisness they would do one of two things. They would try harder and get their house in order or fall by the wayside and take up landscaping or something more suited to their talents.

In the end it's only the consumers fault if they continue to support/buy from vendors that have crappy customer service.

No company is perfect and will have some complaints over time but when it's the same type of complaint over and over then it's up to you whether you want to embrace the advice/experiences posted here or ignore it and take a chance and do buisness with them anyways than that is your problem not the vendors and they will continue to be that way as long as we allow it.

Last edited:
AGREE !! With the great power of our captive market, comes great responsibility! (taken from Spider Man yet applicable)
As any vendor gets too comfortable with their market the chance they may become complacent increases. A reminder of how the concerned & truly dedicated to the product & industry will serve their market as they grow!!

I've been saying this for months.

If you do your homework and read about the vendors and how they do buisness most complaints are about a lack of communication!

If we the consumer continue to do buisness with the likes of vendors that state the best way to contact/resolve an issue is to join their site or send an email we only have ourselves to blame for the inevitable dissatisfaction that will almost always come.

Why would a vendor be more customer orientated if they can make money and shaft you at the same time by not spending time on the phone with you if we allow it. There are many reasons to not do buisness with vendors like that.

If vendors can't be bothered to give us their time for a sale/problem why shouldn't we do the same and not even call them or order online from them in the first place, I interpret vendors not willing to answer a phone as one or more of these reasons. Lazy, unorganized, not committed to the customer and their needs or trying to save money by keeping down the bottom line [money spent] to maximize profits.

I always call before placing any order now from any vendors on this or any other site. After getting a cheap parts store heater core from a vendor here I could have bought at any advance for 22 bucks instead of the brass one I ordered for close to 60 bucks and then getting nothing but aggravation when I tried to rectify the problem by calling and leaving messages to no avail I learned my lesson and now place a call before placing the order to hear someone on the other end verify that I will get what I ordered and the time it will be delivered and I haven't had a bad experience since.

If this was only happening with a new start up company that is still learning or trying to get a foot in the door and grow it might be tolerable for awhile. The problem is that most of the issues we read about in the vendors section are from well established companies.

If we the consumer would deprive them of our buisness they would do one of two things. They would try harder and get their house in order or fall by the wayside and take up landscaping or something more suited to their talents.

In the end it's only the consumers fault if they continue to support/buy from vendors that have crappy customer service.

No company is perfect and will have some complaints over time but when it's the same type of complaint over and over then it's up to you whether you want to embrace the advice/experiences posted here or ignore it and take a chance and do buisness with them anyways than that is your problem not the vendors and they will continue to be that way as long as we allow it.

You have hit the damn nail on the head. Just look at some of our other vendors. David Husek, he wants you to call him,said so on his web-site. You call,guess what he picks the phone up ( every time ). He is building me a trans, don't have it back yet, none-the-less already happy with him. There are others Nick, at Arizona-GN, Dennis at Kirban's. There are others. However there are some vendors I doubt the CIA could get on the phone. Let alone us poor ass TR owners

AGREE !! With the great power of our captive market, comes great responsibility! (taken from Spider Man yet applicable)
As any vendor gets too comfortable with their market the chance they may become complacent increases. A reminder of how the concerned & truly dedicated to the product & industry will serve their market as they grow!!

I agree with you, but it's a two way street. the consumer is complacent and lazy by not doing their homework before giving their hard earned money over to a perfect stranger.

I'm old school and hate how things have become. Back in the day you either had someone walk into your brick and mortar or they had to answer the phone to make a sale.

Now people just throw up a website and wait for the money to come to them. Hell they don't even have to stock anything in some cases and just ship their sales direct from the supplier to the customer and take a cut.

Sure they get more exposure in most cases than traditional ways, but the computer age is a big disadvantage in some instances because now you have some faceless voiceless person just trying to make a sale and avoid the customer all together.

With the greater reach of potential customers through the internet it also provides a greater target audience while at the same time keeping the majority who don't research before they buy in the dark as to the true way they conduct buisness, thus insuring that they can continue on for as long as they choose.

I'm not trying to say the net is all bad as it's also become a great asset. When you find a great company like summitt for example, which does what I described above [ship from supplier if they don't stock it].

I use them because whenever I place an order it's here in two days and if I ever have a problem I can call them [only happened twice in ten years] and get a RMA and refund without having to jump through hoops of fire.

If there is a wait [back order] on a part with companies like summitt you will know before you purchase not weeks or months later after they took your money and if you can some how get a hold of them.

I don't want to hear the BS that summitt can do this because they are big. They got BIG because of the way they do buisness.

Great customer service and communication with competitive prices will make a buisness successful every time.

I agree with you, but it's a two way street. the consumer is complacent and lazy by not doing their homework before giving their hard earned money over to a perfect stranger.

I'm old school and hate how things have become. Back in the day you either had someone walk into your brick and mortar or they had to answer the phone to make a sale.

Now people just throw up a website and wait for the money to come to them. Hell they don't even have to stock anything in some cases and just ship their sales direct from the supplier to the customer and take a cut.

Sure they get more exposure in most cases than traditional ways, but the computer age is a big disadvantage in some instances because now you have some faceless voiceless person just trying to make a sale and avoid the customer all together.

With the greater reach of potential customers through the internet it also provides a greater target audience while at the same time keeping the majority who don't research before they buy in the dark as to the true way they conduct buisness, thus insuring that they can continue on for as long as they choose.

I'm not trying to say the net is all bad as it's also become a great asset. When you find a great company like summitt for example, which does what I described above [ship from supplier if they don't stock it].

I use them because whenever I place an order it's here in two days and if I ever have a problem I can call them [only happened twice in ten years] and get a RMA and refund without having to jump through hoops of fire.

If there is a wait [back order] on a part with companies like summitt you will know before you purchase not weeks or months later after they took your money and if you can some how get a hold of them.

I don't want to hear the BS that summitt can do this because they are big. They got BIG because of the way they do buisness.

Great customer service and communication with competitive prices will make a buisness successful every time.

Racetronix could learn from Summit, I order from them from time to time they are great!

I'll give Summit one thing... their search motor is freaking awesome. Even after they 'upgraded' and made it worse. Rarely do I have to go round and round finding what they have like I do with Advanced and a few other sites.

The internet is a double edge sword for vendors. I read this thread about Racetronix and a few others to boot. Racetronix gave me a taste of how they treat customers in this thread and I will probably never buy from them now. I don't care if Racetronix is right and the OP made an install mistake. They should have gave this guy a call and put this fire out. I own my own business and I'm successful because I take care of my customers and everybody knows it in my community. Sometimes I take it on the chin to make a customer happy and it costs me time and money. I don't have to but I do because I want that customer back. It doesn't matter who's right! If you own a business ask yourself a question, "do you want to be right or do you want to be effective?"

You really find out what a person or business is all about when it comes to time and money!

The internet affords many companies the ability to treat an individual unsatisfactory because there are millions of other customers to sell to even if they have a one and done mentality. The other side of the sword is it also affords one individual to take his case to the millions and make that big world fairly small.

I've been in the auto performance hobby a long time. Mopar, Pontiac and now TB. I still have all 3 brands and deal with vendors from all 3. TB is by far the worst as far as vendors go. I hate to say it but it's true. I know it's a smaller market and some vendors do it on the side and I'm OK with that. But if you're going to get in the game get in the game. Call us back and answer our emails. I've called and emailed vendors for TB stuff and never got a reply, ever!

Dave Husek is one the best I've seen so far in all 3 vehicle brands I've dealt with. To bad most people think he's just a tranny guy. Of course Summit is good to but I'm talking about the smaller more personable vendors.

Nick Macale is great, TR Customs is also paying attention and wants to earn your business, Earl Brown got right back to me on some parts, Kirbans was real good too so we are not without good people.

Bottom line is most enthusiast like us are very forgiving and we want and need our vendors. If Racetronix get's this message and fixes what needs to be fixed they can probably do very well in the TB market and most guys will forgive them and move on.

Me I'll stick with my Red's pump for now.

Good luck to the OP, I hope you get this deal figured out.

Robzombie and Barracuda1968 you are 100% right,and do you think if you got a bad product from Summit you would have to 1. join their forum(which most guys here get no answer back from)2.diagnose the problem with their product 3.wait to see if they blame you for the problem(because we are all idiots)4.try to figure out how to return it when you cannot talk to them on the phone.NO you return it back and get another,NO questions asked.Thats what a warranty is.

I'll give Summit one thing... their search motor is freaking awesome. Even after they 'upgraded' and made it worse. Rarely do I have to go round and round finding what they have like I do with Advanced and a few other sites.

Advance is so bad with their clueless counter people that I take the extra time to look up my parts on the computer before I go to the store.

I go their after I call them and ask if they have such in such part # in stock or if they can get it from the hub the same day if not on the shelf when I call.

Robzombie and Barracuda1968 you are 100% right,and do you think if you got a bad product from Summit you would have to 1. join their forum(which most guys here get no answer back from)2.diagnose the problem with their product 3.wait to see if they blame you for the problem(because we are all idiots)4.try to figure out how to return it when you cannot talk to them on the phone.NO you return it back and get another,NO questions asked.Thats what a warranty is.

You are 100% correct. I had an electric exhaust cutout vibrate apart after 2 months, I told them there were pieces missing and summitt just told me to box up what was left and send it back no questions asked.

I had my CC refunded in three days. The same day they received my package, you can't beat that!!!

We used to say "buy the best and only bitch once" but without service & communication the best is hard to define. Let's face it, the caliber of help today falls short of the past ! The internet at least allows us to do our diligence then decide, imagine spending the same amount of time with most counter people that we spend on line doing the research??
Any passion comes with the desire and persistence to reach the goals required!!