who sells complete ttop/door weatherstrip kits?

eleanor68

I'm looking through everyones online catalogs and cant find someone that sells a complete kit for all the ttop pieces and also the door seals. Anyone? Also, how much should this all cost? I see them sold individually, but figure a package kit would save some money, and make sure I don't end up a pice or two short. Any direction here would be helpful, thanks...Jon

I'm looking through everyones online catalogs and cant find someone that sells a complete kit for all the ttop pieces and also the door seals. Anyone? Also, how much should this all cost? I see them sold individually, but figure a package kit would save some money, and make sure I don't end up a pice or two short. Any direction here would be helpful, thanks...Jon

I am not sure if anyone sells them as a complete package. They are expensive and trust me you get what you pay for. If you decide to go the ebay route you will most likely regret that decision. If you can get your hands on genuine GM pieces that is the very best way to go. Take it from a guy who has learned the hard way.

thanks

I guess I should leave my kirban order as is then. I have seen those ebay deals and question their fit and quality. Kirban is all gm from what i can tell. I had an 85 monte ss way back in the day and had redone the t-top's then, but cant remember which I used. Now, a hundred or two doesnt matter i guess in the grand scope of things, it;s a minimal cost for as long as it will stay on the car and how it will perform.

You can also look at gbodyparts or poston. They have what you are lookn for. But they are all sold seperately. Good luck---lots of $

We normally give kit discounts on GM units. We have a new aftermarket t-top kit out as well.
I e-mailed my web master last week with prices & kit prices.

gm-kirbans

I just ended up paying more and got the gm stuff, why bother, over the life of the seals, how much does it really add up to be? Not a large investment when you think about it, if the originals can last this long, the second set will probably last the same or longer since its garaged and limited use. I just bought everything from Kirban, one stop and got a bunch of stuff while I was at it.

becareful buying weather stripping for the TR. i bought a complete set from A1-auto on ebay. i think i send around $300+ for the two lower and roof rail. the item work but the mold is alittle different from the OEM. I am still shoping around for OEM GM complete weather stripping. The car is in a warm garage for the winter so i have alot of time to look around. I call buick, i was told $500 for the complete set, only a few in stock, but i never took the time to look and see if its a OEM GM molded item.

becareful buying weather stripping for the TR. i bought a complete set from A1-auto on ebay. i think i send around $300+ for the two lower and roof rail. the item work but the mold is alittle different from the OEM. I am still shoping around for OEM GM complete weather stripping. The car is in a warm garage for the winter so i have alot of time to look around. I call buick, i was told $500 for the complete set, only a few in stock, but i never took the time to look and see if its a OEM GM molded item.

That is why I tested the seals we are carrying for a year. Car wasn't daily driven but wasn't babied either.
We offer a 1 year warranty with these seals.

Holy smoly is that price correct on your website Brian?

Several years ago I had a friend of mine that works at a GM dealer buy me all new weather stripping at his cost. I spent a fortune on it. It fit very well I was pleased even though I paid through the nose for it.

I have been in a situation where the company I worked for was doing a design contract for GM. We would send drawings out to several suppliers. These suppliers would all produce tooling and parts for to be evaluated. While these suppliers are dieing to get these large contracts it would come down to us focusing on who has the best price. Not because we were only concerned about price. Every company that spent the dollars to create the prototypes was capable of producing quality parts that met very exacting specifications. What usually happened is the company that bid the lowest price won the contract.

My intuition tells me these affordable weather strip kits should fit very well. It is also good to see a company that probably never made any money for there efforts while bidding on the original GM contract get a chance to support the aftermarket.

that GM dealer price, even "my price", does not mean a thing.

I have paid less for a GM part at a dealer (as an unknown walk-in) in Western MD that was less then the good friend price for the same part at the Washington DC area dealer

that GM dealer price, even "my price", does not mean a thing.

I have paid less for a GM part at a dealer (as an unknown walk-in) in Western MD that was less then the good friend price for the same part at the Washington DC area dealer

I think I agree with you on this. I paid way to muych even when using employee discount.