Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No, but use wheel rim screws

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Yes, without wheel rim screws

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Black Box

Out cruisin'.
I'm about to get my 28x11.5x15 Hoosier QTP's mounted to my 15x8.5 Convo Pros. Hoosier says they are a tube type tire, but you don't necessarily have to run them.

What's the general opinion here? Should I run them or not? If I do, I'd guess I would have to install wheel rim screws?

Steve

I have M/T 26x10.5's. Tubes are nice because they hold air. In the past, my slicks would always go flat after awhile without tubes. The only draw back is that drag tubes are not too cheap.

I don't use tubes or screws.

We are at similar power levels I believe. :)

Don't know if it's only for racing or not, but that's all I use mine for, don't street drive with them so losing 5 pounds of air storing them isn't a problem.

Mine are the 10.5" QTP size on 8" rims.

Tubed & screwed.
First I tried w/o either and the wheel would spin a little i the tire. Then I installed screws. Then I got tired of airing up my tires all the time so I added tubes. I think Hoosier's web-site says although tube-type they are not required, but if using the tires on the street they are recomended.

Thanks gents.

Although I don't really want to run these on the street, past history says that I probably will at some point. :)

Thanks for the input!