Who makes the Best......

my1stgn

Hey fellas, as Ive been on this board for a few years now I noticed we always have "new" members joining us monthly which is great. And of course they want to find out who makes the best whatever they are looking to buy (ie intercooler, injectors, chip, ect, ect) Now this questions goes out to everyone here from experienced Full Race GN guys to Novice weekend racers.

What if we have a section dedicated to "The Best...." And we have post in there with different threads (ie Best Stock Location Aftermarket I/C... Best Injectors for Stock ECM...., Best DP...., Best Turbo with Stock Trans & Covertor..ect,ect) Also we would list opinoins, et's, HP rating, ect,ect for each recommendation we give. For example

Thread: Who makes Best High Z Injector's

My Opinoin:
I would say the Mototrons would be the best. 60lb Injectors would take you well into the 1X's( ie mid 10's, high 9's ect) and you'll have plenty of fuel if you decide to upgrade turbo later on. Idle is great and they will support up to XXX HP. People have ran XX.XX @ 1XX MPH with these injectors and bolt on's. They may be a little more than 50lb injectors but are worth it incase you have to upgrade later. www.xxxxxxxxxxxx.com has them for $XXX.XX. Also upgrade your fuel pump to _______ and do a hotwire kit from FT.

And of course every one would have their own opinoin but atleast we dont have to answer the same "Who makes the Best......" Question over and over again. Plus we could go in there every once in awhile and update our opinoin.

IE: Mototrons 60lb'ers used to be the best in my opinoin but now they make 100lb high z injectors which are $XX less and perform waaayyy better......

So what do you guys think? I think it would work because when im looking to buy something new I would look in that section first to see what people have to say about "The Best...." what ever Im looking for (IE I/C, turbo, ect) and if there isnt a topic started or its too vague, then Ill start up my own (IE Best Exhuast System under $400)

Any questions/comments/ideas?

The best injector is that one that's best suited for your combination. A car that runs low 12s doesnt need 60# injectors just like a car that runs 10.50s doesnt need a 36# injector.

Yeah but a 60lb injector wont hurt you if all your running is 12's and a 36lb injector would hurt you if you want to run 10's... but then again that would be your opinoin which you could post......... but the whole thread was not about injectors, it was to see if you guys want to do a "Who makes the Best....." section

I would be interested in seeing people's views on differant products. Maybe find out who makes the best pinion snubber for these cars.

can you recommend a cam for me? :)
j/k

Sounds like a good idea to me. I think for it to work it should be heavily moderated just to keep the thread on track and to keep the random stuff out or it is possible to wind up with a 5 page thread that lost the original intent a few pages ago.

Of course some brain storming should go on but the thread should try to result in an ultimate answer even if it is a multi part answer. For instance, the injector question may come down to something like 110 MPH and less don't need to do anything but if you do and plan on more then there is the 60pph limit before computer mods.

Maybe a MPH/Mods chart?

biggest and best parts sometimes won't give a good combination .... I see this every day :eek:

This is like saying put ZR rated tires on a Yugo. :redface:

This sums it up:

Attachments

• goodidea.jpg
    goodidea.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 310
I like the "Best" idea- or maybe a product review section whereby people might list the name of the product, where they got it, how much they paid, customer service of that particular vendor, and of course what their impressions of the quality, fit and finish and gains (if any) were.

Also, another sction that I'd like to see since we're on the topic... How about a DIY section? There's lots of us shade tree wrench monkies (like myself) on this board and maybe someone has a brilliant idea on how to fix this or that or make something work better, etc...

Just another thought...:)

I like the "Best" idea- or maybe a product review section whereby people might list the name of the product, where they got it, how much they paid, customer service of that particular vendor, and of course what their impressions of the quality, fit and finish and gains (if any) were.

I like this idea as well. One of the 3rd gen F body message boards I'm on has an Aftermarket Product Review forum just for that purpose.

I'm serious. haha. It's hard to find new info on pinion snubbers, KB aftercoolers, Fender dumps, Boost-a-pumps, Co2 sprayers, 7th injectors, Hooker Headers etc. etc....

Ahhh the good old days of these cars.

biggest and best parts sometimes won't give a good combination .... I see this every day :eek:
Yep, it's how the car likes the combo. .. My best up grade was Rmerrets' plug wires :biggrin: or was it Razors Alky...No it was the battery I just stole out of the 83 (keeps losing parts :eek: )

I think that we have enough sections right now. If you're looking for the best of a specific part, then go to that section and do a search. However I think that the General Turbo Buick section should be split up, and the rules and regulations sections should be combined. The General Turbo Buick section right now is covering just about everything from intake, fuel system, heads, motor work, exhaust, interior, exterior. That's a lot to cover in one section. I also think we could get rid of the Nextel Cup section, I'm a big Nascar fan but the section is pretty much dead and for the few threads made in the section they could be made in General. However I know that the new owners and Admins are very busy with the current updates on the site so there's no need to lay more work on them. I'm just making suggestions for later on down the road.

I think this is a poor idea, We will only see products and venders from the Turbobuick.com vendor list and if history repeats it's self any negitive posts directed to a paying vendor will be deleted.

any good products from out side the vendor list wont be welcome, or have things changed around here...

I'll prolly get banned for asking...:cool:

a section I'd like to see is proven combinations, with time slips etc. all info regarding the entire combination to achieve the stated ET.

I think this is a poor idea, We will only see products and venders from the Turbobuick.com vendor list and if history repeats it's self any negitive posts directed to a paying vendor will be deleted.

any good products from out side the vendor list wont be welcome, or have things changed around here...

I'll prolly get banned for asking...:cool:

a section I'd like to see is proven combinations, with time slips etc. all info regarding the entire combination to achieve the stated ET.

We dont delete posts unless there is a good reason. Because a vendor doesnt like it isnt a good reason. It's my opinion that a vendor's parts and service should stand on their own two feet and not need an administrator to cover their ass. This way the community determines who the good vendors are and not someone sweeping stuff under the rug.

We dont delete posts unless there is a good reason. Because a vendor doesnt like it isnt a good reason. It's my opinion that a vendor's parts and service should stand on their own two feet and not need an administrator to cover their ass. This way the community determines who the good vendors are and not someone sweeping stuff under the rug.

Very glad to hear this Jay!