Who makes a high end 4x10 speaker for the rear deck of a GN?

GNVAIR

I have a pair of Pioneer coax speakers back there now. I would like to get something that is of higher quality. What do you guys recommend?

4 X10s Verses 6 X 9s

You will have better sound with the 6 x 9s with an adapter plate form experience. If you want the 4 x 10s to sound better, put an external amp on them. They will sound better over a deck with built in power. Just my .02 cents.

Well, if you don't have a sub then I would say stay on head unit power (if you stick with 4x10's).....unless you have an amp that has at least a 24 db/octave x-over on it....Those spkrs just distort badly when you push power to them in the lower octaves.

IF you have an amp with a 12 db x-over then you have to move the x-over point up....then your music just sounds crappy....

I would say go the 6x9 route, they handle the low stuff MUCH better, and there is a wider variety of brands to choose from.

Boss is the best brand I've came across for 4x10's that will handle low notes w/o crackling.

just my .02 from past experience with those dreaded spkrs.......

I have a PPI 4x60 amp driving all the speakers.I have the Pioneers in the back and I have MB Quart separates in the front. The Pioneers now sound a little muddy compared to the front speakers. I dont want to have to cut the rear deck or the covering on it to fit speakers in there. I have not problem going to a 6x9 as long as it doesnt require major mods. What do you have to do to install 6x9's?

All you need is the 6 x 9 adapters and you can get them at most car audio shops. Plug and play (almost).

Are there any high end 6 x 9's that you know will fit that you would recommend. I dont plan on adding a sub. I just want a nice clean sound.

I really like the Cerwin Vega Stealth Series 6x9"s. They fit well, clear the trunk torsion bars no problem, have GREAT sound quality & a nice low/mid punch AND are very reasonably priced at around $90.

Doug C.

Are you running the power from the head unit? If you are you should look around for a 4x10 with a high sensitvity. A low ses. will sound crappy through the head unit. 6x9's is the way to go.

No, I have a PPI Sedona Series 4 X 60 amp that is driving the front and rear speakers.

If GM didnt make the rear deck so narrow, it would be so much easier to mount wider drivers in the rear. I was looking at the rear deck of my T/A and just realized how much more room we have to play with if you wanted to go larger than 6 x 9s.

i have decided i dont like rear speakers at all lol. Imaging is better with out them