Who is class racing this year?

John Wilde

I'm getting too old for this $#!%
Staff member
Guys,

The NMCA/NSCA has made a couple classes open for the buicks to compete. Is anyone planning on coming out this year?
In limited street you can run @ 3050lbs with twin turbos up to 76mm. Back Halved cars are allowed. As of right now dry sumps
are only Legal in na combinations but I am sure they woudl listen to a couple buick guys if they wanted to run.

Come on Alan Witter, Dale Cherry and the rest of the boys!

John
I took a good look at the new rules, I did some testing at the end of the year at L/S legal weight. I think you will be able to make more power with a single. I might go to 1 race, not sure how the NMCA/NSCA will be this year.

Dale,

How did that new multi stall conveter work?
I lost your email on my old computer. Shoot me
an email when you get a chance. I would love
to hear about your car.

John Wilde

clas racing nmca

just putting togeather my old car fo l/s. going to run a stage II in my 63 pontiac LeMans. car is backhalved and I used to run it in Pro Nostalga as the WARCHIEF. Car will weigh in at min wt and sould be fun tinng to fgure out what a good combo is since i have always been a carb or871 blower guy. See you at te races
Dave Ward WARCHIEF:confused:

hey john, i plan on running limited street this year. i hope they let us run the dry sump, if not ill go wet sump. we'll see what happens when i show up and run the number. there already bitching about the twin turbos in the class. i agree with dale , you can make more power with the new singles out there but they dont want to here that so we need some fast single turbo v6's to show up and run the same number as the twins and that will end that argument. it should be a fun year. ray royer

Ray,

Good luck buddy!!!
Who out there is running more turbo than a 88 with a v-6?

Hey Ray! how about sending me that money you said you would send so I can fix the used up hunk of trash engine you sold me for ten grand.

P.S to the board sorry to air this here but this guy got me good
I must even the score one way or another.

After hearing all the nightmare stories about these Stage II's, all I can say, is I will NEVER buy one that is built, and pay more than the parts are worth unassembled, and in good condition. It just seems like in one way or another something goes south.

Ted.

Ted I here you,I have run across lots of junk in my search for parts some guys just don't want to pay for tearing up there equipment so they put it for sale then and as there trying to pawn it off on you they come up with a story that there wife is pregnant and they need the money so you think your getting a good deal. then two weeks later you see them buying a new block on the parts for sale fourm.and i tell you the worst slap in the face is when you can't get the guy to answer his phone or e-mail then you here from one of your buddy's that he called them for a set of stage heads that your buds selling and he looking for a crank also if thats dosen't get you blood boiling you may want to check your pulse to see if your still alive.

Originally posted by Quick86GN
John
I took a good look at the new rules, I did some testing at the end of the year at L/S legal weight. I think you will be able to make more power with a single. I might go to 1 race, not sure how the NMCA/NSCA will be this year.

Hi Dale,

Miss talking with you.
I quess you know I left PTE, to go back with a former employer?

Hope to run in to you and some of the other guy's at Bristol etc.
Not sure if I'll be able to make BG this year due to new job conflicts.

I like what I see in the NMCA rules, should attract quite a few Turbo V6 twins & singles. Its a great class, with plenty of cars.
I believe those light weight N/A Pro-Stock (520 cu.in.) cars will be slowed down somewhat by the rule changes.
I forgot what the records were? I think the best et was 8.2x and 166mph, but 8.3-8.5's were more common, with 158 to165mph

I think your car will be super competitive in the L/S class.
Problem is the Starters tend to give Quick Lites when turbo's run this class, if you know what I mean?

Also one of my best friends is completing his new car (not a TR) with full Stage II set-up. We're not sure yet what the final weight will be, but if he can get down to minimum weight the car is going to be Killer.

No place in NMCA for my heavy weight, but I could turn the boost down to 18psi and run the 10.0 bracket class I quess.

Good Luck to you this season!

Later,