Who had best price on f body radiators ?

I got mine at Advance auto on a sunday with a manager's 10% off that day on everything. $78.

I also got a full alum one from gbody parts in my old GN. I'd get the $400+ one if I had to do it again. Keep in mind, the cheap one is probably made in China. You get what you pay for.

I bought mine at the local radiator shop,it was dirt cheap.Under $80.00 with tax.
It said "Proudly made in the usa" on the box,I think that just means the box was made in the usa.

turbojay said:
Advance $76, bought it 2 weeks ago. They have specials online.

Turbojay,what year f body did you use on the radiator.

2nd place is 1st place loser!

Just getting back into the GN after a long lay off (10 years) and was hoping someone could give me a quick update on the F-body radiator -Is it bigger, flow more, etc. Thanks for the input as I might have to change mine here soon.

Ask for Modine 951 at Autozone . . . . Comes with a lifetime warranty.

Also . . . search Modine 951.
Happy reading. :D

Just getting back into the GN after a long lay off (10 years) and was hoping someone could give me a quick update on the F-body radiator -Is it bigger, flow more, etc. Thanks for the input as I might have to change mine here soon.

They're not 25 years old like the stocker. They're smaller and don't have both coolers but they do fit and are very cheap.

It said "Proudly made in the usa" on the box,I think that just means the box was made in the usa.

Thanks for the laugh :D

Red C5 said:
They're not 25 years old like the stocker. They're smaller and don't have both coolers but they do fit and are very cheap.

Thanks for the laugh :D

What are you using for trans. And oil cooler? I replaced mine with a direct replacement. Paid over 400$ for (probably overpayed),but it fit perfectly and all lines were an oem fit.. then I began hearing about th "f body" radiator,and am curious

What are you using for trans. And oil cooler? I replaced mine with a direct replacement. Paid over 400$ for (probably overpayed),but it fit perfectly and all lines were an oem fit.. then I began hearing about th "f body" radiator,and am curious

Sorry about the confusion. I have an Alradco aluminum radiator with both factory style coolers. The only way I would use a plastic radiator is if I just had no choice. A large portion of our business is replacing leaking and cracked plastic radiators. The fbody rads are very inexpensive though which can be a plus .
More comparison pics can be seen here http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/aluminum-radiator-american-made-by-alradco.341844/

Just recieved my Fbody radiator and its light weight, also made in Mexico, not china, so the quality is a little better. ;)
Going to install this weekend with dual fans, will post the changes then. Right now i'm hitting 200-205 highway and regular driving. not good, especially the hot weather here in the windy city!

External coolers do not cool as well as internal fluid cooled ones. By the time you spend the money on the coolers, hosing, etc.. might as well by an Alradco.

Just wondering who you guys were going thru for new f body radiators and what you spent ?
I just put mine in. $97.00 from Advance. Adapted the trans cooler lines to fit the new radiator and used a B&M oil cooler for the oil.

Just recieved my Fbody radiator and its light weight, also made in Mexico, not china, so the quality is a little better. ;)
Going to install this weekend with dual fans, will post the changes then. Right now i'm hitting 200-205 highway and regular driving. not good, especially the hot weather here in the windy city!

Wow thats hot for driving
As soon as I get moving temp drops to 165 or so(all aluminum radiator (2) 1 in rows)