Who drives with a gun in thier car?

I hope you got a good alarm:eek:

BTW, how do you like the 270wsm? I got a 300wsm and a 325wsm and plan to fill it out with the 270wsm... I have heard it is a flat shooting awesome caliber... Should be perfect for a plot we are setting up!
took
I think you're covered with the 300wsm. I've got a Kimber Classic in a 300WSM and I practiced with it at 200yds and 450yds. Using Winchester 180 Silvertips it is very consistant with not much drop. Last season I dropped a 12 pointer at 330yds in the Adirondaks. It was windy, I was swaying in a tree and the although the wind didn't move the bullet much, I was actually a little high because the bullet didn't drop as much as I expected. I'd buy a 300WSM again.

I don't ever want to shoot anyone...

I only carry for protection...

There are some crazy mofos out there...

I agree your life is more important than any material item on earth... However there are people out there now that kill for sport, not to mention if you are robbed by ones that don't like to leave witnesses:eek:

THIS is what I was trying to say, but people seem to think diffrently. I AM a responsible person. I have used a gun before. I just so happen to know the WRONG people. I dont even live in a bad neighborhood, but my college is in a rough neighborhood. I am getting a daily beater that if it gets jacked, Ill personally hand them the keys and the title and say thanks for the insurance check you A**hole

83turbo: I had a "friend" used to run with some questionable people many, many years ago. He also packed a 357 magnum under the seat just for that "special occasion". He soon discovered that it became too easy to pull it out. So, he finally stopped carrying any weapons. He did not think it would be a smart way to go - shooting someone over something stupid... I concur.

If someone wants the car badly enough they're gonna get it. If you're subject to a home invasion- hell, them them have the gun- bullets first of course... But in the car, don't do it. It's not worth it.

If you need a gun to go to the places you go or to hang out with your "friends" maybe you need to rethink your situation.

Just my .02- Life is too short to spend it in prison.;)

Not I gun nut either but

I'd rather have my gun and not need it then need. It and don't have it. This world we live in today is survival of the fittest. Situation that I think @ is I'm in my local store and some crackhead comes in wanting some cash and decides to not leave any witnesses. I'd prefer to go out on my term and take a few with me. Sure it's extreme to think that but these days u don't know what's @ the corner. Regardless be aware of ur surroundings. And if ur friends are of questionable character then find new ones. Accessory to a crime bring long sentences too. I've been there been interviewed by a homicide detective and pointed out the guy in open court. He got 40 years, lesson learned the hard way and at the cost of a human life. Does it weigh on me yes it does, it'll change ur perspective real quick and you'll find out who ur real freinds r real quick. Doesn't make me a bad guy just one that made a stupid decision when I was 18. Fast forward 22 years and I still think @ it, pray for forgiveness and know life can be altered within a few seconds. Just take care and too many people die over stupid stuff. Just try and make sure you don't make the obit's before ur time. I know I'm in no hurry and I've had my share of close calls.

83turbo, HOW old are you? look at the link and text i provided.

we would VERY much rather you do things the RIGHT and LEGAL way, since its a way to *GASPS* keep your 83 hooptie! sand entertain us with your posts ;) lol. I mean really your profile says you're 18; the law states to be of age to OPEN CARRY, you must be 21...otherwise, its a gun case or box or whatever and can NOT be in a car's interior except the trunk. (sticky about the "trunk" of SUVs, trucks, vans, and wagons)

personal experiance i'm not proud of

back in the late 80's i hung out with a gang called the thugs. it was a sunday nite and instead of paying they were doing beer runs. now i'm not into doing that but i hung out with them. now later in the night i was so intoxicated i refused to let them take my truck with me in it so in the back i go along with about 12-15 other people. we hit about 4 stores and the last one was the one that went bad. seems like the clerk wanted to try and stop them and some guy with the nick name monkey stabbed this poor guy several times. he died and it took a week for the cops to come to my house. det. kurt brannon took me down town and interviewed me and was straight forward. i told him everything i knew and he told me flat out either talk or join the rest of who got outta the truck and face charges. i was worried as monkey threatened anyone who narc'd on him but i'm not doing time for anyone. i testified and pointed him out and he got 40 yrs for 1st degree murder ( i think he should have gotten more but i'm sure he'll do more then the 40 he was sentenced to). i got lucky and alot of you guys may think i'm an a55 for even hanging out with them but i was young and i know it's not an excuse. i was lucky to not be in there with them and your just as guilty as someone who does the crime. i'm not proud of it but i can say that it changed my outlook on who i hang with. i feel bad for what happened and pray for forgiveness and this will be with me the rest of my life. if you hang with people with that kind of rep then i'd say find new freinds. your just as guilty and i was lucky to not be sitting next to him in jail. i don't talk about this alot but if it helps someone not make the same mistake then maybe my post won't be for nothing. i feel horrible for what happen and i'm not proud of it. your an accessory to the crime if something happens regardless if your pointing the gun or get cash from it. only thing i'm saying is to take care of yourself because if you mess up it could affect the rest of your life and i'm lucky. i have blood on my hands and hope none of my fellow TRs hold it against me. i hate to mention it but your young and to screw up your life over something regradless if it's your car or ? makes you think is it worth it. just take it easy and if you hang with some people with less then stellar character and they do a drive by you could be in a morge or wheelchair. you have alot of life to live so consider the consequences of what can happen if you make the wrong decision. just take smart decisions and hope with all the responses you got and use what you think may apply to help you. just make good decisions and i hope things work out. As i stated i was young and lucky but didn't hesitate to point that guy out in court when time.

my thought on carrying my gun is an old school saying, i'd rather have a gun and not need it the need a gun and not have it. my CHL is more for my personal protection for me and my family. i don't flaunt it and don't show my gun or license unless needed. just use your head and i wanted to share with you how hanging with the wrong people can get you.

I carry a a kel tek flat 9 daily because of my job. Its a pretty good cheap realiable throw away :D. Ive only had to pull a gun once wish i would have shot the punk who pulled a knife on me but i didnt want to spend all the money on lawyers :rolleyes:

I drive with a slingshot:D

You don't have to worry about anyone carjacking your car. They'll see all the estate sale crap in it and say, "Poor bastard, his wife must take all his money so he has to sell his soul on Ebay.":D

I keep a small folding knife in my driver's map pocket in case I need to cut my seat belt. I know myself well enough not to carry a gun in the car. I'm afraid I'ld be shooting anyone in my way.

The Gun needs to be mounted ON THE CAR , they were out of miniguns i had to settle for this
IMG_1263.jpg

Street Justice....

My car was dd for 3 years and I stayed near 35th and walace.I chained my cars axle to the grate in the curb and took the computer in the house with me .Some one tried stealing it one time and they got caught and not by the cops. They were delt with appropriately without smith and wesson. Louisville might have been involved.I am glad we dont have carry cards. I would have been in jail a long time ago.I would never leave my car alone on chicago streets now.Dont get caught driving with a loaded weapon in Chicago city limits.I think it 5 years right away and hollow points thats 3 years each.I think thats what the laws are now:eek:

The cure for all evil. I hope U took the time to adress a few of the thiefs fingers. Those type of injuries work well in putting carthiefs out of business. Not that I would no from first hand experience, I'm just saying!;) I will say this about Chicago gun laws, the laws are fine its the judges that dont enforce them properly. And yes I have an example, My partner and I caught a 19 year old with a glock model 21 and he was charged with Aggravated Unlawful Use of Weapon. The Judge released him on bond and before he could go to trial on the charge, he shot and killed motorist near Lake St. Central Ave. in a road rage incident. No way that animal should have been out in the first place, but at what point can we hold the judges accountable for their bad decisions. Maybe I should have snapped a couple of his fingers then he couldnt pull a trigger!