Who drives with a gun in thier car?

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
Ive heard that some people do it legally ie (licensed to carry a concealed weapon) and know people that do it illegaly (sawed offs, sub-machines, high caliber pistols) I need to protect my car a bit more, also while im driving because recently my car has brought some BAD attention and an alarm is'nt going to cut it:mad::mad: (I NEED NEW FRIENDS:mad::()

I have a pistol. I have licence to carry so i do just in my car and truck. I have a 45.

I carry concealed, but I also open carry (legal in VA)...what exactly is your question? Are you asking what kind? Or if you should do it legally? DEF legally. It is a felony to carry one illegally and not worth it. Are you asking where to carry it? I normally put it in the center console or the like..somewhere within quick reach.

Pepper spray is also a good way to defend yourself though.

(BTW: WA is REALLY east to get a concealed permit, that is where mine is from actually)

If you want a gun to protect your car....then you're carrying a gun for the wrong reasons. I've read a lot of your posts and why don't you take the money that you would be spending on a firearm and buy a cheap daily driver and put your Regal on jack stands. Sit down and budget out the work that you want done to your Regal and do a little at a time. As long as your car is on jack stands and the motor is pulled then you don't have to worry about shooting someone over your $1200 Regal. I have a converted 83 T-type and it's the coolest thing ever. It took many hours and money to get it where I wanted it. Do a three to five year plan and learn some things and have fun with it. I do carry a firearm but only for protection of my family. It doesn't mean I go to places that I wouldn't normally go or hang out with people that I shouldn't. There are many friends on the board that could help you out with advice on your car. Take care!

I have a concealed carry permit and if you think you can protect your car with it you might be mistaken. For starters be carefull if you plan to go threatening people with your gun to protect your car. You are only legally to protect yourself & Family IF you are in emineant danger, that meens if a guy is trying to steal your car and he has a baseball bat and he's on the opposite side of the car "He's not a danger to you yet" Now IF he has a gun and points it at you "You are now in danger" and should practice the 3 shot method 2 in the chest, one in the head! Another thing, if you do end up shooting someone while protecting yourself make sure you kill them and don't wound them because they will come back and sue you for everyting you got, You can count on being sued anyway buy family members of anyone you end up shooting killing so you Best be sure, 1000% sure it's to save your life! Not the cars life....Things to think about.......

I carry a Beretta 92FS (police gun) 2- 15rd clips and a HK .45 in my vehicals..

Pepper spary is also GREAT but be prepared to get some in your own eye's! ;)

Scot W.

In FL you can carry in a car without concealed permit, just not out in the open. Plus the law has changed you can now use deadly force to protect your property as well.

In FL you can carry in a car without concealed permit, just not out in the open. Plus the law has changed you can now use deadly force to protect your property as well.

Jeb Bush FTW!

Situations can get out of hand in a hurry....

I too have see many of your post. You can move to more of a peaceful area, buy a car the will attract less attention or learn that a car is a material object that can be replaced. Do not invest $10,000 in to a car the insurance company values at $1500. I do not carry and have been in some pretty rough areas of Chicago at the worst times.(used to have GN as a DD) I don't drive it as a DD anymore and use good judgement on where I park it.

It's easy to get yourself into trouble, yet extremely hard to get out of!

be careful bro

i've read your previous post and one thing is your young, and material things aren't worth a life. can you honestly take another life and not let that affect you for the rest of it? check into the castle law, alot of states have them and that means you can carry a gun in your car as long as it's not concealed if you dont have a permit, intoxicated, or doing something unlawful. My only concern is with your age people seem to make bad judgements that affect the rest of their life and you need to understand that even if you do use it there's a good way you may wind up with a criminal charge. theres alot of good responses on your post so try and make your decision using part of them. you can't put a price on life and before you wind up on the wrong side of the law talk to a police officer so he can help you better understand what the do's and don't are. For me i'm CHL'd and carry a 45, i don't flaunt it and you'd never know it was around you unless u made a threat towards me and my family. with age you'll understand and get more patience just live life on the right side of the law because there are ton's of stories of people who screwed their life up over BS.

Remember in many states a concealed carry law means the pistol is concealed on your person not in the glove box or even the trunk. Some cops can get a hair accross their ass for this so beware.

I too have see many of your post. You can move to more of a peaceful area, buy a car the will attract less attention or learn that a car is a material object that can be replaced. Do not invest $10,000 in to a car the insurance company values at $1500. I do not carry and have been in some pretty rough areas of Chicago at the worst times.(used to have GN as a DD) I don't drive it as a DD anymore and use good judgement on where I park it.

It's easy to get yourself into trouble, yet extremely hard to get out of!

My car was dd for 3 years and I stayed near 35th and walace.I chained my cars axle to the grate in the curb and took the computer in the house with me .Some one tried stealing it one time and they got caught and not by the cops. They were delt with appropriately without smith and wesson. Louisville might have been involved.I am glad we dont have carry cards. I would have been in jail a long time ago.I would never leave my car alone on chicago streets now.Dont get caught driving with a loaded weapon in Chicago city limits.I think it 5 years right away and hollow points thats 3 years each.I think thats what the laws are now:eek:

glock-27 compact 40 here. I dont leave home without it.its far better to have it and not need it. than need it not have it.

If you need new friends then you are drawing more attention than the car.
You really should be up at your local Sheriffs Office finding out how to get a CCL, and go through the proper moves to do so. If you know people or know of people that carry sawed-offs & SMG's then you are running with the wrong crowd and you are not going to get any sympathy here. If you want a gun, go buy a gun, and if you feel that you have a need to carry it in the car for protection, carry it, and when you get caught with it by an un-sympathetic LEo, plan on saying "Hi" to bubba for me.

Is it still a 3 step? Or can it be loaded in the glovebox unlocked?

I carry a HK USP Compact .45 with Silvertip hollowpoints. Going from a 185 grain to a 230 grain. Have to check if the spring is up to par with the higher power.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com