Who drives their Buick Daily why or why not?

87chrisss

BLUBYU
So when i first got my buick i would just drive it occasionally till i spoke to Mean Chicken i told him you kill alot of folks on the street with your Buick do you wait for them on your corner?? (he's posts a kill every other day on the kill/fish thread,) anyhow he told me he drives his buick everyday and wouldnt have it any other way..so i started driving my Buick daily because of him sort of? Its been about 3 months, im happy with it w.e.. i went to pick up some food and some older gentlemen told me you know what you got there kid..i look really young im 24 and for some reason i barely have facial hair wish i can take some from my ass and paste on my face, w.e ..so..i replied yes i do, i know exactly what i have, do you know what i have? he told me yeah its one of the turbo regals i said yep he asked me why i was driving it? he said i should keep it garaged that it's a classic and it should be queened, i replied that i had spent a lot of time effort and money on my car and i felt i should enjoy it everyday no need to look at it on my driveway or garage.. he told me to buy a honda.. lol so how many guys enjoy their buick's DAILY? Good idea or Bad idea? im kinda taking value away from her since miles are going up on the dash........

btw.. im horrible with the their there theyre so bare with my grammar im not stupid im just better at different things, some guys will pull your grammar card on here...

F the grammar police, and F anyone who critiques whether you drive your car or not. :) If you want to keep in in storage and wipe it with Pledge once a month (I know a guy like this...) or whether you beat on your car every day like Chicken does, do what you want. Will it lower the value? Maybe. Will you get your moneys worth by driving it? I definitely feel so! I drove mine daily for years. Only parked it lately since I got the CTS-V, so I can concentrate on fixing a few things on the Buick and maybe getting the Stage 2 built. I even drove it back and forth across country. Drive it, enjoy it, beat on it, break it, fix it, beat on it some more!

IF I could keep mine together long enough I would drive it often :mad:, not a daily driver as I have a company vehicle that I drive to and from work. Mine hasn't been 200 miles since 2007...

Bryan

200 miles?? since 2007 im sure 200 miles of strip action though..not street? phone is your foot made out of cement?? stay off the gas and cruise sometime..

200 miles?? since 2007 im sure 200 miles of strip action though..not street? phone is your foot made out of cement?? stay off the gas and cruise sometime..

Lets just say I have lifted my share of heads...It has only made it through 5 total passes, 1 quarter mile on the old motor and 4 eighth mile on the new motor, which is currently melted...we have a love/hate relationship...Hopefully back again this spring after a rebuild. maybe I will just put a stick in the turbo to keep it from spooling...

Bryan

I pretty much drive mine everyday to work, 50 miles round trip...except in the rain or if its broke.:D I'd worry more about your car getting stolen if you drive it everyday, but I work on a Naval base so its relatively safe. Surprisingly my car has been pretty reliable but I keep on top of maintenance, even more so than on my newer cars. As far as hurting resale value, I really don't care....my car has a salvage title anyway.;) We don't live forever so might as well enjoy it right? Because if you don't some other bastard will LOL...

If I ever get enough money/talk the wife into letting me have a 2nd TB I will probably drive one more often. Only get a good 6 months in the north east to drive them and there are a lot of rain days mixed in those months. Right now mostly just to cruises during cruise season and some nice days when I have time. Ide like to take it to work but its an open parking lot next to a main road, not a great place to have it sit highly visible.

yea i park my car in the middle of the parking lot and my company has security that drives around the parking lot and i also invested in a column guard/lock a viper alarm with all the whistles and bells i also put a kill switch and just 2 days ago they tried to steal my brother's car from his condo, broke his window and his column.. so we decided on going with a gps tracking on the car can be seen via internet anywhere in the world with 2 backup battery's if main power is cut or if main battery is taken out we would still have a week of backup battery life...its pretty expensive and there is a monthly fee of like $10 but its piece of mind... not sure if its worth it or i might just put full coverage instead of the cheaper pip insurance..

I drive mine every day rain or shine. I am very careful about where I park it, and how long it's out of my sight.

It goes into my shop every winter for a new project. Last spring it came out with a freshly cleaned and gasketed engine, this year the tranny will get freshened up, it will get new rear bumper fillers, and if I have the time, I'll strip and paint the doors I have for it.

I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere. It's extremely reliable, and has never left me stranded. (which is more than I can say about my wife's 05 Altima)

I bought one just to drive daily
I loved it, ttop car that was used spring summer and fall.
As sson as I can I will be getting another one for the same purpose

I owned my '86 from '87 till 2005. Drove it everywhere. Had tools in the trunk and carried guitar and amp to gigs. Had over 200,000 miles on it. Bought all the stuff for a restore and ended up buying another car which was in better shape. Sold the '86 to my stepson and got stiffed for the money. We no longer engage in conversation. The one I have now is a garage queen. Out for field trips and such. Will never, I mean never, get rid of this one.

24 years now.

23 winters.

Going to be driving the GN this winter and retire the WE4 I think.

I dropped off my recalled IPOD at Fedex next to starbucks yesterday in Meriden, one guy and two girls out smoking at the one table they have there....
Opened the door and heard him say to the two clueless ones that's a badass car right there. :biggrin:

I opened it up a bit heading out of there. :)

They are great cars to drive daily.

Same price as a used Camry. :eek: :p

Drive mine nearly everday to work except in Winter months. Use the wifes 07 mustang for grocery gettin and long trips to keep some of the miles off.

I bought my '86 in 1996 and drove it everyday for the first two years. My Buick's had always been my daily drivers. I had owned several GS' up to that point. After I was able to purchase a second car ( a 88 LeSabre T-Type) the GN went to the garage. It is for weekend duty pretty much.

Plus my insurance is classic so I'm limited as to how I can use the car but I wouldn't have it any other way. If it is damaged or stolen I'll get what it is really worth not what some book says it's worth.

And these cars are to easy to steal. Food store parking lots etc. to many door dings etc. a lot of bad weather days, I don't like driving my GN in the rain.

I do bring my GN to work from time to time but I can park it where I can watch it and where no one can park next to me.

I drive a Buick everyday (check the sig) just not the GN. :)

I drive mine as much as possible [weather permitting] as long as their is no rain or snow [or rock salt] i will drive mine.... its like therapy... i think the turbo soothes me....lol

aaron

Drive mine daily to work only 8mi one way sometime in the rain. My Honda stays ready you know why.

had Buicks as DD'd since 86. By 1989 we had a summer fleet and a winter beater fleet. These cars have always been a blast to drive !! Put 4 snow tires on a TTA an it will go anywhere ..well except for the intercooler scoop :eek:. Now we just drive Melissa's car in the summer. Melissa will take it to work to. A hell ride threw Boston with the AC cranking. BUT I am slowly moving on without Buicks. Just have to get rid of my extra parts :biggrin:

No matter if it's driving it every day, racing it hard every weekend, cruising on weekends, or cutting it up and making it really fast - a car should be used and enjoyed. I once saw a quote in a guy's signature that cracked me up. It said something like:

"Storing a car to keep miles off of it is like not having much sex with a woman so that her next man appreciates it more."

My one exception is winter. I don't drive either of my cars or even my dmax truck in the winter. The only reason is Michigan winters will rust a car really fast and I hate rust. Plus, there's no fun to be had driving a fast car in the winter in Michigan anyhow.