Who Are The Ten Fastest Buicks In The Country?

Originally posted by 86brick
I heard that Buddy Ingersoll is coming out of retirement for this one and Buick is backing him again! Better watch out Bill:D ;)

Cool, we'll go heads up, his reaction time has got to be getting slow by now!

Originally posted by EightSecV6
Cool, we'll go heads up, his reaction time has got to be getting slow by now!

Good point about his reaction times.... Maybe Buick should just have Buddy act as crew chief and have Greg Anderson drive!!!:eek:

That would make for one helluva race (Anderson against Anderson):cool:

Originally posted by 86brick
That would make for one helluva race (Anderson against Anderson):cool:

That dork doesnt have a prayer! 2 first round losses this year, he is not on a good streak.

Dems be Fightin' words....

Originally posted by EightSecV6
That dork doesnt have a prayer! 2 first round losses this year, he is not on a good streak.

LOL now I've gone and done it! Got Bill Anderson calling out Greg Anderson.....

:D

Back in 1998 my buddy Sean Lilly ran 7.61 @ 178mph here in Toronto. I wish I knew how to convert passes from camcorder to the computer to post it, but I don't. You can view his car on my website at http://www.qsquared.com/carsite/87TwinTurbo.html
Sean sold the rolling chassis but still has the complete drivetrain if anybody is interested in it. The car had lots left into it but the driver was the weakest link. It would have gone much faster if a guru like Billy was behind the wheel. I was talking to him the other day and I am going to pass by and take pics and stats of his parts and put it up forsale. Pm me if anyone is interested. Precsion did his last fresh up on the motor.

Originally posted by ttypewhite
Back in 1998 my buddy Sean Lilly ran 7.61 @ 178mph here in Toronto. I wish I knew how to convert passes from camcorder to the computer to post it, but I don't. You can view his car on my website at http://www.qsquared.com/carsite/87TwinTurbo.html
Sean sold the rolling chassis but still has the complete drivetrain if anybody is interested in it. The car had lots left into it but the driver was the weakest link. It would have gone much faster if a guru like Billy was behind the wheel. I was talking to him the other day and I am going to pass by and take pics and stats of his parts and put it up forsale. Pm me if anyone is interested. Precsion did his last fresh up on the motor.

I think I have some pictures of the car.
I did a simple web site for him a couple years ago.

There's gonna be a Bustang that could qualify up the ladder a bit. He's good on the tree too.

Looks like Richie is thinking about running with the other Big Guns...

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=152238

Anybody heard from John Schmidt (opeltwinturbo) lately?? Maybe he's been keeping quiet because he's up to no good with the Riv! Oh yeah I think Dale Cherry posted that he will probably be there with Bob Borrelli's car so that is another possible car....

Not sure if Ricardo LaCosta is gonna make it this year, but if he does that is another car...

I have not spoken to John Schmidt lately but I know he wont race in BG with the GS club. Hopefully we'll get a good turn out, should see some 7 second cars!

"IF" the v8 guy`s get there Bulldog block.....look out for some killer et`s Like I said,John and Stan Zerruca went 8.10 the first pass with there new car at Norwalk late last year.[They had all winter to play;)

Look out Billy. Buddy has Barry Grants Pro Stock car in his shop right now.Maybe we could throw a Buick motor and a huge turbo in that thing and get Buddy back into Buicks.Im sure Barry Grant wouldn't mind tossing the carbs and going to fuel injection would he?

Originally posted by Brad T
Look out Billy. Buddy has Barry Grants Pro Stock car in his shop right now.Maybe we could throw a Buick motor and a huge turbo in that thing and get Buddy back into Buicks.Im sure Barry Grant wouldn't mind tossing the carbs and going to fuel injection would he?

I sure wish I knew half of what Buddy has forgotten!

Anybody heard from John Schmidt (opeltwinturbo) lately?? Maybe he's been keeping quiet because he's up to no good with the Riv!

I don't think that car is close to being finished. The guy that built the body lives here and from what I heard there is a lot left to sort out. Not a stab at anybody of course, builds as radical as the riviera take a lot of work to get completed.:) I'm sure with a big single and that liberty, it should be a rocketship, having to add 400lbs of weight bars to get the car up to 2000# is amazing.:eek:

A couple of quick updates. Regarding the Big Gun Shootout, I would like to race in it but unfortunately I am not a member of the GSCA. I will probably be at BG this year just to spend some time with the Buick people.

The best for the Opel was 7.84 @ 182.50 (Cecil County 03). That would have put me somewhere in the top 10. We all know it is a race for 2nd place if Billy A. (Keep up the good work) shows up and they run it heads up. It is head up, isn't it? I can remember the last heads up race we had was at Bristol. We were all fighting for 2nd place because Ron Lumens had his Rapid Automotive car there. He ran in the mid 7's. We still had lots of fun.

Now, to the Riviera. I have come to the conclusion it will never get done.:( The tin work is done, parts of the body are on the chassis with still some fab work to be done. I don't know the status of the motor. The chassis guy is really jacking me around. Hindsight says I should have bought an old prostock chassis and been done with it. I'll write up the whole saga in an article when this is all done. Until then I just keep on pushing. It doesn't do much good. By the way, it is going to be a twin turbo set up.:)

John Schmidt

Originally posted by opeltwinturbo
A couple of quick updates. Regarding the Big Gun Shootout, I would like to race in it but unfortunately I am not a member of the GSCA. I will probably be at BG this year just to spend some time with the Buick people.

The best for the Opel was 7.84 @ 182.50 (Cecil County 03). That would have put me somewhere in the top 10. We all know it is a race for 2nd place if Billy A. (Keep up the good work) shows up and they run it heads up. It is head up, isn't it? I can remember the last heads up race we had was at Bristol. We were all fighting for 2nd place because Ron Lumens had his Rapid Automotive car there. He ran in the mid 7's. We still had lots of fun.

Now, to the Riviera. I have come to the conclusion it will never get done.:( The tin work is done, parts of the body are on the chassis with still some fab work to be done. I don't know the status of the motor. The chassis guy is really jacking me around. Hindsight says I should have bought an old prostock chassis and been done with it. I'll write up the whole saga in an article when this is all done. Until then I just keep on pushing. It doesn't do much good. By the way, it is going to be a twin turbo set up.:)

John Schmidt
If you are still interested in an "old pro-stock"let me know. My buddy is selling 2 of them. 1 is a '89 Don Ness (sp?) chassis Firebird (it's also white...could look like the ultimate TTA. I believe it was recently updated also. The other is a 85 Don Ness Camaro. These are both in Cincinnati.

Thanks Kevin. One chassis is enough. It's certified to 6.0 and is already buried in the body. Maybe next year when the Bulldog motor comes out there will be some good old fashion racing between the bigblock cars and the turbos. Had the Bulldog motor been ready this year, I predicted a V8 would have been the first into the 6's. There are a few BB guys stepping up to the plate with 6.? something chassis'. 06 should be lots of fun. Maybe Billy A. will find the gas pedal this year and set the mark. Good luck to all.

John Schmidt