Who Are The Ten Fastest Buicks In The Country?

tweaked2

WHO ARE THE TEN FASTEST BUICKS IN THE COUNTRY?

The 2004 GSCA “BIG GUN SHOOTOUT” answered that question, boasting the largest collection of FAST Buicks ever assembled at one event.
NO other event in the world has had as many fast Buicks at one place.
But now in 2005 - The question is …
WHO ARE THE TEN FASTEST BUICKS IN THE COUNTRY?

Come to the 25th Annual GSCA Nats and find out.

The 2004 “BIG GUN SHOOTOUT” was a resounding success, showcasing the FASTEST, BADDEST BUICKS in the land.
The 25th Annual GSCA “SUPER” Nats promises to be even BETTER.

WHO IS THE BADDEST? BillyA, WillW, KentR, RodH, JohnS or …?

RULES: GSCA Member, Buick Powered & Doors

The BIG GUN SHOOTOUT will be run in conjunction with the normal GSCA classes. Eligibility and pairing will be based on racers with the TEN (10) fastest time slips.
Format: QUICK EIGHT[8] with TWO[2] alternates (eligible for first TWO[2] rounds.)

Conley’s Performance INC. is presently collecting $100 sponsorships from interested parties. 100% will be awarded to the Winner (75%) & Runner-UP (25%).

AGAIN …
Congratulations to the CHAMPION and participants of the 1st GSCA BIG GUN SHOOTOUT. Their outstanding performance is noted below but …
Will they have enough in 2005?

2004 GSCA “BIG GUN SHOOTOUT” QUALIFIERS
QUALIFY #NAME CAR DESCRIPTION ET / MPH
1. BILLY ANDERSON – GN - SINGLE TURBO, LIBERTY TRANS 7.59 @ 181.42
2. JOHN GALINA - BLACK GN/T - TWIN TURBO 206 CI SS/DX 8.18 @ 164.67
3. CHRIS WHITE RED GN/T - TWIN TURBO, 10.5 8.30 @ 166.81
4. JIM ROCK PURPLE GN/T - TWIN TURBO 8.42 @ 167.66
5. WILL WILKERSON - “TWEAKED” TEAL GN/T SINGLE TURBO 8.43 @ 155.47
6. RICARDO COSTA - BLACK/GRAY T-TYPE TWIN TURBO 8.58 @ 162.78
7. ALLEN LIVERMAN - YELLOW GN/T TWIN TURBO 8.67 @ 156.84
8. JERRY CHAMBERS - “SUPERDOG” SKYHAWK, BLOWN BB 8.74 @ 155.44
9. JIM DOTSON - BLACK GN/T TWIN TURBO 8.93 @ 143.76
10. STAN ZEURECHA - 70 – 72 GRAN SPORT BB 8.98

MATCH RACE - ROD HENDRICKSON - GRAY SKYHAWK BLOWN BB 8.07

2004 GSCA
“BIG GUN SHOOTOUT”
SPONSORS

CONLEY’S PERFORMANCE PLUS
KERENY DOORS
QUAD- AIR
CASPER ELECTRONICS
HR PARTS N STUFF
RON’S CUSTOM AUTOMOTIVE
GROOMS ENGINES – NASHVILLE, TN
ATR – APPLIED TECHNOLOGY & RESEARCH
M.V.P PRESS BOX [Sub-Sponsor]

CAN YOU RUN WITH THE BIG GUNS?

Conley’s Performance Plus INC. and the 2005 sponsors (TBD) is very excited to announce ...
that they will help you find out at the 2005 GS Nats.

Start getting ready for the 2005 “BIG GUN SHOOTOUT”.

Will you be one of the TEN (10) BADDEST BUICKS in 2005.

Billy is the BADDEST in all the land!!! uh oh...

magnaworld.JPG

Billy is the fastest by a land slide right now.
Someone caught up to Duttweiler's Regal after all these years.
Let's not count out John S. with the more aerodynamic Riv.

If you don't care about the motor I would say the the Crisafuli's TTA would take the cake as the coolest Turbo Buick "Type" Car in the world. This thing was an original TTA. It now has a Steve Petty all Aluminum 455 SBC with Twin Turbos and a Skinny Kid 25.2 Chassis.

This thing is my favorite car and I am not sure it has even hit a track yet!

It would be cool to see him show up for some passes.

Originally posted by John Wilde

John,I think Ron Lumans{Kenny D's old car] ran a hair quicker with a 7.54 at Bristol a few years ago. More in it with the freshend up motor and turbos. The car is for sale though and hasn't been out since getting the motor back from Kenny.

We may or may not make it this year. Wife is pregnant with our first, due to be here just a few weeks before BG. Probably wouldn't be wise on my part to load up and go racing leaving the wife at home with a newborn and I seriously doubt she'll want to come and bring the new crewchief! It's all up in the air right now!

Originally posted by EightSecV6
Why not?:D

Congratulations.

Thanks! Don't make it hard on me Bill. Of course she SAYS go ahead and go but you know she doesn't MEAN it. I'm not saying I won't be there - but the odds are against it. Try to keep the doors on this year!:D

Originally posted by Bent6
We may or may not make it this year. Wife is pregnant with our first, due to be here just a few weeks before BG. Probably wouldn't be wise on my part to load up and go racing leaving the wife at home with a newborn and I seriously doubt she'll want to come and bring the new crewchief! It's all up in the air right now!
Man you have to start planning better,Never have unprotected sex 9 months before the Nats. Whats wrong with you??:D

Originally posted by Bent6

Congratulations Will.
Best wishes to you and the Mrs.

Originally posted by Randy Greenoe

John,I think Ron Lumans{Kenny D's old car] ran a hair quicker with a 7.54 at Bristol a few years ago. More in it with the freshend up motor and turbos. The car is for sale though and hasn't been out since getting the motor back from Kenny.

Greenoe,

Bill Anderson ran 7.25 @ 188.25MPH.
I I know that Ron's car has the ability to run that fast but
we have to find her a new home. I wish I was not trying to buy a house.

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
Man you have to start planning better,Never have unprotected sex 9 months before the Nats. Whats wrong with you??:D

Otto if you consider that planning, I must be ready for anything!:(

I have Kent Redbeck running a 7.61 on video at bg.
And is there not a guy in NY/NJwith flames on his car that runs well in the 7s too?

Greenoe,

Bill Anderson ran 7.25 @ 188.25MPH.
I I know that Ron's car has the ability to run that fast but
we have to find her a new home. I wish I was not trying to buy a house.
OOOPS,I should have know if you posted it that I should not have questioned it! You have been right on the with all youir post! Sorry! I think with your knowledege and expertise you would be the PERFECT person to see what this car is capable of.
I hate to see Ron get rid of it but someone is going to get a good car. Take care and thanks for all you have done.

Originally posted by Cheeseburger
I have Kent Redbeck running a 7.61 on video at bg.
And is there not a guy in NY/NJwith flames on his car that runs well in the 7s too?

Kent's car is a high 7.80-7.90 car but it is HEAVY! Big Al is from New York and has gone a 7.44 (I think) should be a fun class if all those guys show up

Watch out for the blown Skyhawk,I now mean Regal this year. Rod bought a new body to put the Hawks moter/trans into.Check on v8buick.com for the info
and John and Stan Zerruka also have a lighter body this year too;) First time out last year at Norwalk late into the year they went 8.10 with it

I heard that Buddy Ingersoll is coming out of retirement for this one and Buick is backing him again! Better watch out Bill:D ;)

Originally posted by EightSecV6
Kent's car is a high 7.80-7.90 car but it is HEAVY! Big Al is from New York and has gone a 7.44 (I think) should be a fun class if all those guys show up

I think i remember something about the 60' timer screwing up the time clock on the 7.6 pass....
Looks like i will miss out on BG this year, unless i get sick for a few days.

Originally posted by Cheeseburger
I think i remember something about the 60' timer screwing up the time clock on the 7.6 pass....
Looks like i will miss out on BG this year, unless i get sick for a few days.

Someone posted about it before, I dont know the whole story but it has something to do with his exhaust and where it exits, not allowing the 60ft clock to trip until he is well under way, supposedly it has happened at his home track too, either way he is still making a ton of power, his car is FAST and HEAVY!
No excuse to miss BG!!!!!!!!!!:D