White smoke?

GHawz13

When i let my car idle it tends to let out a lot of white smoke. It doesn't seem to have a distinct smell to it. It will clear out when i drive, but then when i stop it sometimes comes back. I turned my fuel pressure down thinking it was too rich. I have it set at 40psi line off. My oil pressure is good also.

oil leaking or maybe coolant. Valve seals or head gasket.

Mmmmmm......The possibilities

IT MUST SMELL LIKE ANTIFREEZE, UNLESS YOU RUN STRAIGHT WATER IN YOUR CAR. PULL THE DIPSTICK, AND LOOK AT THE END, AND SEE IF YOU HAVE A MILKSHAKE!(WHITE GOOP OR SLUDGE ON THE END OF THE STICK) ARE YOU RUNNING HOT AT ALL? STUMBLING? HAVE IT CHECKED IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR YOURSELF. IF IT IS A BLOWN HED GASKET, YOU DON'T WANT TO MAKE THE PROBLEM WORSE BY DRIVING IT AROUND UNTIL YOU CRACK A HEAD.

There is no sign of water in the oil. I have full power so i can not see it being a headgasket and under the hood there is no white smoke its just out the exhaust.

There is no sign of water in the oil. I have full power so i can not see it being a headgasket and under the hood there is no white smoke its just out the exhaust.

it sounds like your drinking water, just a small brake between the cly and the water hole in the head gasket. i would do a cly leakage test with the radiator cap off and watch for bubbles. ive seen cars that were "drinking" alittle and both the cly leakage test and compression test checked out fine but i walked out of the garage for a second or put up some tools and when i came back the radiator had burped is coolent out and it was bubbleing.

Re: Turbo Seal maybe.....

Originally posted by Limited6
It might be the turbo seal.......

Turbo seal would be oil smoke and that would be bluish. And we all know what oil burning smells like.