White Pearl? anyone done it??

Yedi

ya, the Monte over there.
Lookin for color ideas for when I re-paint my regal next spring. Currently have bright white, I like that alot. (w/ black vinyl top) I've been going back and forth w/ going to a pearl coat. I am a body guy and know everything that is involved w/ pearls.

I still want the bright white, but possibly a coat of White Pearl (PPG D751) Has anyone else painted their car a white pearl??? Or have any pics of a regal like this?

I dont really like the Yellow look, that the GM White diamond Pearl has or Ford, Toyota... I'm gonna mess around w/ some spray outs and see what happens.

I'm hesitant because chips happen, and panel painting is out of the question w/ this stuff, and of course cost, it's not cheap. But everytime I see a Pearl car drive by, it gets me thinking....

I did mine with Nissan Maxima white, which is an incredibly bright white but I used purple pearl in the paint. Ive got some photos somewhere, Ill just have to dig them up.

JayC, pics would be awesome.

I was just talking w/ our paint rep this morning, and he said somthing very similiar, about putting a different colored pearl over the white, because the white pearl gives it kind of a dirty look. I'm trying to get the cleanest/brightest white.

Jason, I painted 2 white cars a while back, a 79 z28 and a 70 GTO Judge. I painted the 79 with house of color white base coat and the GTO with martin senior striaght white with nothing added period. The GTO looks dirty compared to the z28. HOK makes the brightest purest white I have ever seen. It will pure hurt your eyes it is so white ! Check it out, you will not be dissapointed ! Daniel Ray

I took a pic of this one last year in IL. It looked pretty cool.

Attachments

• DSCN01429.jpg
    DSCN01429.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 192
Butchman, thanks for the pic.

Right off the bat, I notice the front filler to fender, does not match, everything has to be painted on the car to match, or painted in the same position that it sits on the car.

I think I'm going w/ a plain Bright white, just so the whole car matches, and I can paint stuff off the car so I don't have any tape lines. maybe some pearl ghost flames coming out of the louvers I plan on molding into the fenders, I really want somthing different, that I can be proud of If I bring it to a show er 2.