Which Wastegate?

BLACK MAGIC RACING

formerly turbo_canuck
Which wastegate is everyone running? Especially since ATR is now defunct, i heard theirs was the best... Sorry for sounding so newb, but this is my first time using an external gate... :p

Check with Jack Cotton for the latest. He is NOT a fan of the ATR wastegate!
Conrad

The biggest Tial is 46mm, I would think that would be good for over 900hp.
I use the Tial and the HKS gates.

The Innovative Gates are good if you are using a race gate type flange.

Quick86GN said:
The biggest Tial is 46mm, I would think that would be good for over 900hp.
I use the Tial and the HKS gates.

nope the biggest they got is a 60mm; clears 1000hp ez'ly. But you gotta ask nicly to get one from them. ;) Basically you can't get one unless you know someone, or just ask nicly :D They tease you too, and give you a model number V60. But because its the american site, they dont show it cus they are supper hard to get as well as expensive. I dont know anyone who has one, but Ive seen 2 myself but not installed. I always kind wonder what those 2 60mm gates found themself in. Then I found my answer, Audi's Le Man's Cars! :eek: Here is one link for a 60mm TIAL WASTEGATE
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/dis...ommonProtege&sectionParameter=session4&bhcp=1 They turbo and manifold look sweet. Tial sells most of the 60mm in Australia not in the USA.
Heres another link for a 60mm
http://www.alldayperformance.com.au/prod252.htm

I bought their 40mm 2 years ago, and would today buy their 44mm if i didn't have the 40mm already. I suggest model V44! Thats what I would get. Wish I could afford about $1200 for a 60mm wastegate but not anytime soon.

Think of how big a turbo you could run with a 60mm gate and a 5"DP..........Maybe could be a first 6 second single turbo, v6, run ever who knows. Enojy. TIAL ALL THE WAY NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!!!!

I have had great luck with the Turbo Smart Progate. If you shop around it can be found cheaper than the Tial. In some cases the Turbo smart will work better than a equal sized Tial.
But they are ALL good...

I know that the Turbonetics Deltagate is a direct on one of the ATR 3" downpipes.
Conrad

TIAL 46 is the way to go.

DCVING 6 said:
Are any of these a direct fit in ATR's standard 3" stainless downpipe?

No, But you can get the Tial46 with the flanges and replace the old delta-gae flanges. Or mount them where ever you like, like this one pictured.

Attachments

• Tial Wastegate.JPG
    Tial Wastegate.JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 275
BAGN said:
No, But you can get the Tial46 with the flanges and replace the old delta-gae flanges. Or mount them where ever you like, like this one pictured.

told u no questions asked. lol look at that motor, you wanna ask questions now? Told ya tial all the way baby.

THAT 46 IS HUGE!!! LOOKS FREAKING SWEET IM SOOOO Jealous, I only dream one day of being able to afford sizzle(new slag for shi t) like that.