Which translator setting for maf?

Turbo6Smackdown

Ok, I went to get an LT1 maf a while back and came back with this LS1 maf that's suggested to use with the 2nd gen translator. Well I guess this plastic one replaced the aluminum one a while back. So which setting do I use on the translator? LS1 aluminum or LS1 85mm? I was told the only difference between these mafs are the deletion of the aluminum. So why is there a different setting? My car runs ok on both. Which one is correct?

So, you have a Gen II Translator? If so, you can use the LS1 Aluminum setting. On the newest version there is a "3.5 Plastic" setting, but that mainly gets the BLM's closer, it runs pretty much the same as the LS1 Alum setting. Make sure you have the MAF Output setting matched you whatever chip you have.
Eric

3.5 plastic. gotcha. will try that. Maf output matches the chip? I thought it was supposed to be stock gn maf? What did I screw up now lol. I get off in 2 hours. Will start fartin' around with it then and report back. I have your standard issue chip in it, cut for all the appropriate stuff you see in my sig. Was I on the wrong setting then?