Which Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jy211

Which shop would you send your car to for the following:
weld up crack in exhaust manifold, add a bigger fuel pump, hotwire kit and O2 sensor?

Also to fix the A/C and align the car?

The two shops are: Economy Auto or Harpers?

What prices should I be looking at?

Originally posted by jy211
W

Between these two, go to Economy Auto, he will take care of you, and is an honest individual unlike harper, who could f$#% up a perfectly working bicycle.:eek:

Or you could also use Freddy, who's shop is called Turbo Tech.(not sure on that)

Phone #'s are:

Economy- 954-946-4043
Freddy-954-567-3470

If you are looking for the better price, chances are freddy will be the best priced out of the two, but both do excellent work, and are highly recommended by me.

-Alex

Originally posted by jy211
Which shop would you send your car to for the following:
weld up crack in exhaust manifold, add a bigger fuel pump, hotwire kit and O2 sensor?

Also to fix the A/C and align the car?

What prices should I be looking at?

Or you can use Laz RACING (or) Gabby's Performance there's 2 more

I'd use economy. Jeff is a great guy to deal with and has done all the work on my car and i wouldn't take it anywhere else. You can be sure everything will be done right the first time. I'm also thinking of going to him for my a/c but i have to decide between that or a smc kit. I think he's pretty good with his prices also.

Do you have any mechanical skills at all? The o2 sensor is pretty easy as long as the car isnt hot. The fuel pump and hotwire isnt all that bad if you have a helper. I would just take the header off and take it somewhere and have it welded up. A/C and alignment should be done by pros.

Scott

Take it to Jeff, Economy Auto. Oh by the way, if u go tell him not to be silly and stop thinking about selling his GN :)

Hey Pedro!

I got to get those drums to you!

Sorry I missed you at the last meeting.

Want to try again?

Drums

Hi Shawn!
Ill be at the next meeting. We might have to hold on those drums because Im selling my GN. But not to worry, I will need them for my new GN im trying to buy! If all goes well Ill be in my new GN for the July meeting.

I hope I don't give Freddie or Alex a heart attack here ;), but I would also recommend Jeff at Economy. Jeff's shop is more of a full service shop from engine building to brakes and everything in between. I could be wrong, but he does just about everything. Rick on the other hand is more of a performance shop focusing mainly on engine rebuilds and performance upgrades.

I've never worked with Laz, Gabby or Freddie, but its pretty obvious that they also know their stuff when it comes to these cars. I'd say us south florida guys are lucky to have such a wealth of knowledge and shops down here.

Hears what i what to know why is it that people have to talk smack about Rick or anyone else for that matter. I know both Rick and Jeff and they both know theses cars well. me i go to Rick and i am sick and tired of people talking about him and his shop i have 2 cars both of which he has worked on i havent had a problem yet with the work he has done and if i did i know he would fix it for free. You see he has been in this longer then anyone has he was the first two work on theses cars around back in the late 80s 90s he knows the in's and out's on these cars and he has always been more then fair. I have gone to him multiple times when he was busy but still took the time to help me out and for free. Most guys will tell u leave it hear so i can check it out over night and they charge at least 20 bucks. I dont know of anyone that has had trouble with the work he has done and if there was he would fix it. most of the people that say thing have never met him or been to the shop. Then theres the cold hard facts two of the fastest cars around have his motors in them orlando and charlie solid ten second cars. Then u have the more then 400 motors he has done with out a problem i dont know of anyone whos done that many? Then u have my car which is runing strong and is getting stronger. So its all hear say like 1st grade its dumb. Jeff i only know from the club he seems like a good guy and i have heard he does good work to i am not here to say whos better i am just saying it aint right talking about these guy who like u and i are trying to make a living. So heres what yoiu do go to all them get an estamint see who u like then use them. This stuff has got to end its so dumb.
:confused:

Originally posted by supa6t
Jeff i only know from the club he seems like a good guy and i have heard he does good work to i am not here to say whos better i am just saying it aint right talking about these guy who like u and i are trying to make a living. So heres what yoiu do go to all them get an estamint see who u like then use them. This stuff has got to end its so dumb.
:confused:

Well said

I don't mean to get into this, and I'm not takin anyone's side. But me and my dad both have talked to Rick and he seemed like a decent guy, we talked a while back when all of the "Rick flaming" was going on here. From what I heard, It sounded like someone can go on doing tons of good work with no recognition but once someone has a problem he should be burned on a stake.

And again, I'm not taking sides.......I have heard both good and bad about Rick.........But the lesson here is:D dont just listen to one party, talk to a bunch of reputable people and get their opinion on things.

Man, someone better close this thread before it becomes a war......sounds all too familiar:D

Hey blackshoebox I head that this is the reason why u say you had bad dealings with Rick, in the mid 90's i heard you bought a "Art Carr Tranny Kit" from Rick at Cost Price, and then you took it to another guy in Hollywood that does transmission and had it done by him, NOTHING TO DO WITH HARPER AT ALL. Supposedly this guy screwed up your tranny and you got your money back anyhow, and for some CRAZY reason that I can't even figure it out, you blamed Rick for the other guys screw up and ever since then you havent liked rick . I can't believe this. is that what you ment by writing" Bad Dealings with him in the early 90's" I thought that Rick built you an engine and something happened or something that big.....but this, UNREAL Tony, you are right, "A guy can do tons of great work and no one says a word, but screw up just ONCE and you are burnt to the stake. This story is Unreal, As far as I am concern, I will be going to Rick's for a long time to come. I am happy and that is all that counts no matter what anyone else says. I just wanted to get the story stright i might be wrong here but please let me know i am tired of going to car shows and meetings and them say harper oh that guy i head this and this. It makes me look dumb and i dont like to look dumb. If this aint true i want to know what really happend i liked you and you seemed like a good guy when i met you at the meeting. But you got to understand that Ricks a good buddy of mine to and i anit going to a club meeting where i hear chrap about were i take my car to get work done I know some other guys arent to happy about the things said on the board. I hope you understand i am just trying to get the facts stright and not cause a problem with any one i am just feed up. I would defend you to if someone talked smack even though i have met u once cause i am a trusting person. i hope you understand were i am coming from and that no offence is taken. post back email me if you what man thanks i just want to know what the deal is.;)

Originally posted by supa6t
Hey blackshoebox I head that this is the reason why u say you had bad dealings with Rick, in the mid 90's i heard you bought a "Art Carr Tranny Kit" from Rick at Cost Price, and then you took it to another guy in Hollywood that does transmission and had it done by him, NOTHING TO DO WITH HARPER AT ALL. Supposedly this guy screwed up your tranny and you got your money back anyhow, and for some CRAZY reason that I can't even figure it out, you blamed Rick for the other guys screw up and ever since then you havent liked rick . I can't believe this. is that what you ment by writing" Bad Dealings with him in the early 90's" I thought that Rick built you an engine and something happened or something that big.....but this, UNREAL Tony, you are right, "A guy can do tons of great work and no one says a word, but screw up just ONCE and you are burnt to the stake. This story is Unreal, As far as I am concern, I will be going to Rick's for a long time to come. I am happy and that is all that counts no matter what anyone else says. I just wanted to get the story stright i might be wrong here but please let me know i am tired of going to car shows and meetings and them say harper oh that guy i head this and this. It makes me look dumb and i dont like to look dumb. If this aint true i want to know what really happend i liked you and you seemed like a good guy when i met you at the meeting. But you got to understand that Ricks a good buddy of mine to and i anit going to a club meeting where i hear chrap about were i take my car to get work done I know some other guys arent to happy about the things said on the board. I hope you understand i am just trying to get the facts stright and not cause a problem with any one i am just feed up. I would defend you to if someone talked smack even though i have met u once cause i am a trusting person. i hope you understand were i am coming from and that no offence is taken. post back email me if you what man thanks i just want to know what the deal is.;)

:rolleyes: ..

Another lie from Rick. The transmission man, and the tranny were fine, the convertor I got from the Rick that was suppose to be new was actually destroyed and destroyed about 1000 bucks in good tranny parts. We got the money back for the convertor not that parts and labor, that Ricks convertor ruined. Also another 1000 was forked out to for a new converter and more tranny parts. He takes new parts of peoples car, and puts used ones on them. He will sell you use parts and call them new. He is not even ASE certified if I remember correctly. He is an assclown, if you or anyone else wants to take their car to him, be my guest, and if you or anyone else has a problem with me not liking him, do not come to MY meetings for the club I run. If you talk to rick, and he has a problem with me, tell him bring his happy ass out to the meeting, and I will tell him, he is a scumbag. You guys are all new to game, you don't know half the people I know in the community and the countless stories I have heard. People have tried to take this man to court to win money, he stole from them for motors that did not last a week, and his answer to this would be, "well its a race motor, and there is not warentee!?!" My race motor build be Jeff @ Economy is still together, and I beat the leaving hell out of my car, and it finally lifted a head gasket after almost 40, 000 on the ticker. He is a real mechanic and engine builder, that will stand by his work if he is at fault. Freddy is formally, Ricks head mechanic, so there is a lot of information i have from the inside, that you will never even here about, although if you ask freddy he will be glad to tell you.

This is my last post of this topic, Read the above carefully, cause I will not say another word about it. At the end of day, its all about going fast, and I can gurantee you, within the next few months, there will be nothing that Rick built that will touch me.:D

Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.