Which Ign Box?

GARY HARVEY

MSD I'm guessing,
Just wondering which one will do the trick (w/MSD 8551) and still use B2B FAST?
Maybe one day I'll get a handle on all of the options.
Gary

Any basic box will work. Most Buick guys use either the Crane Hi6 or the MSD 7AL. You need to make sure your FAST box has the points output configured in it. If not, you can give me a call and I will tell you what you need to do.

Questions

Next Question,
Would a 7222, 7226 (7AL 2) be the Plus2 version or should the boxes have the Plus2 logo on the box?
Also, would a 2 step add-on box be acceptable if you do not have the Plus2 (instead of stepping up and getting a 7AL 2 Plus2)?

Other than wiring, what else do I need?
Thank You...

The 7222 is a plus 2 version and I use the launch control #MSD 8735 instead of having all the pills to plug in and out and you can change your launch rpm just by turning the knobs.:D. On the distributor be sure to get the BOP composite gear just passing on some good info.

I'm sending you a PM on something.

Steve

The problem if you use an old msd 7al is it will work but the rpm will be wrong and the 2 step may not work right the newer boxes like 7al2 plus has 6 cylinder option and the tach will read correctly . I like the digital boxes myself soft 2 step and everything built in if you get a 7531 lots of features but most will never need it . Laz

Msd 7351

Laz,
No question about it, if the funds are available the 7351 is the top of the list when it comes to ign. boxes, unless you take the high road and move over with Electromotive
While I'd smile like a cat that just ate a persimmon, I'll have to live with it's less costly (older version) 7226 brother till I can afford one.
Gary

The good thing about cars is there alot of options for different ppl .