Which Heads

heads

I like m y champion R heads 1.980 intake 1.60 ex, i had a lot of problems warping valves, and burning seats, because the valve springs were to weak for my mech, roller cam 110 and 120 on the seat pressure after having a sprint car head man repair them i installed new springs with 225 seat pressure ended my problem, i have another set of old champion heads that i ported my self, welded twice by champion, i went 9.50 with them, i have a set of m@a that i ported, i went 9.58 with them, my stage off center block is 260 ci, i assemble my own motors as i cant afford mister d . i went 9.25 @ 148.90 at bristol temp was 89 degrees with 25 lbs boost, best 60 ft at bristol was 148 so i think with 40 lbs boost and few improvements, eights are near may have to get cal to re program old fel pro, i will be keeping my champion heads as long as cal has his, lol. cal talked to gary he told me about your problem glad you got it fixed. later oc,:cool:

T S O

Ted we are planning on running tso , i got a different cooler and few other things, hoping it will make the old car go faster, if the car wont run in the eights then there is not much sence in running in tso as there is 3 cars allready running in mid eights, i believe it will take 9.50 or less to get in the q 16 in 2003 with the rule change, it took 9.65 last year. good luck. and merry xmas. oc:)

Re: heads

Originally posted by odell4o8
may have to get cal to re program old fel pro, i will be keeping my champion heads as long as cal has his, lol. cal talked to gary he told me about your problem glad you got it fixed. later oc,:cool:

Hi OC!!! I will be more than happy to put the "40psi" tuneup in the car. If you end up pulling the heads off again, give me a call. I have a few more "speed secrets" for you to do while they are off :D
You better run TSO!! We are counting on you. In fact, I am having T-shirts made up for everyone who qualifies, just to try and get the participation (Hell, it worked for Q-16!)

FWIW: I am pulling my motor this week and taking a look at everything. I am hoping for a couple more tenths at BG, next year. Gotta stay ahead of those Stage headed cars!

Hey Cal, I would like to have those speed secerets also so please pass them around.
Thanks, Kip