which car lifts

paul's gn

Thinking about putting in a car lift in home garage anyone have any idea's on which brand or type. Thanks

What are you goin to do with the lift ?? These are a LOT of them out there. 2 post..4 post. I personally went with a 4 post to fit my needs.

Attachments

• lift1.JPG
    lift1.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 328
Basically store my gn on top and put mt truck underneath for now maybe get another car in the future. Do they ever fail to the point of falling or I don't have to worry about that happing.

I'm about to buy one as well. Most 4 post lifts range from 2-5K depending on options,brand,location of build(china or US). I've narrowed it down to a rotary revolution(china) 9000k lift or a Superlift black max(US) 7000k. Both cost about the same. Revolution comes with casters and free shipping for about 3thousand. Calling Superlift Monday about theirs.:D Many people(according to posts and reading) have been happy with the $1895 4 post lifts that are all over ebay. It's up to you and what you want. Good luck!
Ross

I chose a 4 post

its moveable, (2 post isn't)
I roll it out to make a mess, (steam the bottom of a car)
I'd suggest a 9k, as its capable of handling your truck too !
I went extra wide, and extra tall to allow my truck to drive under the rack,
I chose a chinese rack, if you look real close, alot of american made racks have some (?) chinese parts!!!!
there are horror stories about failure, most are from lack of proper set up, or lack of maintanence.
my neighbor has had his 57 buick raised for over 4 yrs now, with no issues.
another car is parked beneath it,
your choice......... but do not let BS stories scare you.

I've never heard of one dropping the car. They should all have a safety in place to prevent it from happening. The only issues I've read about is from improper installation or not securing properly.

I have been using a Bend-Pak 4 post 12,000lb lift for the last 9 years with no issues. I store my truck on it in the winter :)

I've had a Eagle for 12 years, not one issue.
ohtmpu.jpg

Buddy of mine had a Eagle 2 post... Make sure they have the updated (heavier arms) .. Put his pick up truck on it and as we were lifting it the arms were bending. Eagle was great !! Charged him for the new arms. :rolleyes:

You might want to look into the SuperLift brand. Superlift is owned by the Chance family which are the same people behind Neil Chance Racing Converters. They also own our local drag strip and are good people. Thier lifts seems to be a lot of bang for the buck.

Keep an eye out for shops that have closed or liquidation auctions, lifts are always in there it seems for less than $1000 alot of times.
Got mine from a friend who was consolidating his shop into a smaller place. got a 2-post Ben-will before they became made in China for less than $1000 and that included delivery and install/setup. Lift is rated at 7500lbs. Have a friend of a friend that repairs lifts of all types for a living. So far in 8 years it hasn't needed a thing. But for storage of one car on top of another, a 4-post would be much better although I temporarily do this from time to time.

FWIW I've had my extended cab F-150 on it with no worries.

If I was going to buy another (eventually), I'd get on their mailing list as they have constant monthly specials they they don't otherwise advertise.