Which are better? Champion irons or aluminum?

SpeeednV6

I'm going to get a set. I've had the irons and loved them. I'm wondering if aluminum are worth the money? Do they use the same head bolts and spark plugs? Can both be repaired if cracked?

If it's a mostly street car, use the irons. If it's a full on race car, then go aluminum. Going from ported iron's to aluminum will net you almost nothing. You can run 9's on ported irons. Aluminum heads can be repaired (which you might need due to cracking) iron heads "can" be welded, but it is difficult. Iron heads rarely crack.

turbofabricator said:
If it's a mostly street car, use the irons. If it's a full on race car, then go aluminum. Going from ported iron's to aluminum will net you almost nothing. You can run 9's on ported irons. Aluminum heads can be repaired (which you might need due to cracking) iron heads "can" be welded, but it is difficult. Iron heads rarely crack.

But they can melt :)

Attachments

• image-1394362527.jpg
    image-1394362527.jpg
    572.6 KB · Views: 73
One thing to keep in mind is that the as-cast aluminum GN1's can stand to have a little bit of port clean-up work done to them. Another 400 bucks worth or so.