where to get kit for lsx engine into g-body

I used Moroso solid mounts for a small block chevy and 6701 adapter plates from edelbrock.It set the motor back and the frame mounts fell into existing holes on the frame.Bolted right up to my 200r4 inthe stock location so no messing with the driveshaft.BRP is overpriced,motor sits too high and foward.Thier oil pan kit is the same as the GM performance hot rod oil pan kit {$180} but they rape people for $250 for it.

I used pacesetter longtubes for a 98-02 f-body the drivers side fits perfect lots of clearance but the collector angles out a bit
passenger side 2nd tube from front hits the frame pretty bad either you have to smash the tube down quite a bit or cut it and have it reworked-welded.Thats what I did but I still had to smack it a little to get about 1/4" at the tightest spot.I got the race vesions{no egr or air } for $265 total with shipping.Hedman makes the headers for BRP and someone told me they called Hedman direct and got the headers a lot cheaper

I also used Moroso solid engine mounts with the transdapt kit for the LS engines. Trans cross member lined right up and like said by LSJM1 the engine sits nice and low, I can get a finger barely between the firewall and the back of the head on the passenger side.

I used Schoenfeld's swap headers 186LS1-3. For the most part they fit nicely. I had to bend the passenger side in towards the engine to get it away from frame , and I had to peen the firewall for the #7 tube on the drivers side but they fit nice and snug to the floor.

If you go to their site you can see them.. Schoenfeldheaders.com

I can post pictures if you would like.

Arthur

I forgot to mention. I used a GM truck pan. Very common part and it fits perfectly. The sump depth may be an issue if you has a very low car..

we always like pics...

Does this all apply to the 5.3 motor or just the 6.0-motor mounts and adapter plates...

what should be used for turboing the 5.3...(headers)

we always like pics...

Does this all apply to the 5.3 motor or just the 6.0-motor mounts and adapter plates...

I have an all aluminum 5.7 LS1 in my car. The mounting for all the LS based engines 4.8, 5.3, 5.7, 6.0 etc. are the same.

If you are planning on building a turbo LS engine ( depending on the power you want to make and your budget) I would suggest using stock 6.0 truck exhaust manifolds and swapping them side to side so they point down and to the front. The 6.0 manifolds flow better than the 5.3 and 4.8 manifolds and therefore are a better pick for a turbo setup.

im also trying to put an ls1 in a g-body does any one have any pics of the setup ? it would be helpfull .

The..

we always like pics...

5.3 & 6.0 and most other LS bases engines have the same external mount dimensions.
As for turbo headers.. take a look at Bamfords g-body turbo thread. They modded a set of Moosetang headers.

I had a chance to take some pictures of my swap and my car the other weekend.

IMG_7332.jpg

346 ci LS1. The engine came out of a 2002 WS6
IMG_7326.jpg

IMG_7327.jpg

I mounted the ECM and most of the wiring under the dash. I like to keep my stuff as neat and clean as possible..
IMG_7328.jpg

Arthur

has anyone here actually used the BRP kit? I like the idea of not having to notch my trans tunnel for a T56....

I used Moroso solid mounts for a small block chevy and 6701 adapter plates from edelbrock.It set the motor back and the frame mounts fell into existing holes on the frame.Bolted right up to my 200r4 inthe stock location so no messing with the driveshaft.BRP is overpriced,motor sits too high and foward.Thier oil pan kit is the same as the GM performance hot rod oil pan kit {$180} but they rape people for $250 for it.

I like how your set up is sounding. What minda transmission adapter did you use to re-use the 200r4? What cross memeber?

RegalLS, nice looking install. From the looks of your driveway, I am guessing having no heater kinda sucks right now?! ;)

Looks nice and clean heres a pic of my dirty junk I'm running NA for a while while I gather all the turbo parts-76mm blow thru hot air on corn gas!

Attachments

• motor_1.jpg
    motor_1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 2,037