Where to get cracked headers welded?

BlackMetal

Sorry guys, I don't mean to keep posting these "where to go locally" threads, but stuff keeps coming up.

With your help I located a good guy to do some ceramic coating for me. But now before I go drop off my downpipe with him I decided I'd like to coat my stock headers as well, but that means I have to fix the cracks first.

The only place I can really think of is Iggy's Exhaust shop off of Harlem. I know they are a popular place for exhaust work but not sure how good they would really do with welding/repair? I have a feeling any exhaust shop, regardless of how good they are, would probably weld it up in 2 minutes and tell me it's fixed.

Would I be better off going to an actual welding shop?

I need suggestions on where to go. I know they are likely to crack again some time in the future but it would be nice to have a quality repair that will last for a while at least.

Thanks....

contact RICKs87GN on here. he welds them up perfect. an exhaust shop cant do anything for you....these headers cant be mig'ed

Ultimate Exhaust in Crystal Lake. One man shop and John can make anything. Built me a custom downpipe and welded both of my headers. Brad