Where have u installed your SMC control unit???

U

uwillose2

I don't want it right in plain view like the pic, any other suggestions?

You will conform! I put mine above the radio, like you, I'd rather have it hidden, and make my car appear stock. But I gave in by getting wheels cause I wanted to run wider tires, and I have a couple gauges on the A-pillar and a ScanMaster on top of the dash. I got used to having the alky control box right there, that way you can tune easier, and you can see if you are low on alky (I always make sure it's full anyway). It comes with velcro, so you can just unstrap it and put it under the radio or something.

I mounted the control box on the side of the console right in front of the drivers seat. The wires run under and only come out below the control box. That way I can reach down and adust it without reaching over to the dash or glove box. Its out of sight and easy to get to. Only down side to this is the low alchy light is not at eye level. You have to remember to look down once in a while to check it, which you should do anyway.

Dave

hmm good ideas!~ i was thinkin of maybe tryin to make it fit inside of my console, but then i would nto be able to keep an eye on it at all and it would be harder to tune.

Originally posted by dthrock
I mounted the control box on the side of the console right in front of the drivers seat. The wires run under and only come out below the control box. That way I can reach down and adust it without reaching over to the dash or glove box. Its out of sight and easy to get to. Only down side to this is the low alchy light is not at eye level. You have to remember to look down once in a while to check it, which you should do anyway.

Dave

That's exactly where I put mine. Have to look real hard when your outside the car to see it!!! :D

OTHRWMN has a shop in Mid MI and he installed mine and his in the ashtray. I know he spent some time doing it but it's really cool to have it hidden and besides the 3 basic gauges my car looks stock inside.

With an audible knock detector and the low fuel/power injection lights in the dash working with the SMC my car looks like a stock hot air on pump fuel.

You know slow;) .