Where do you get wide wheel spacers?

KEVINS

I have a set of 15x8" Gbody GN wheels with 4" BS but they aren't wide enough for the tires (too much tire buldge) so I'm going to make a custom set of 15x9" GN wheels but was undecided on the BS with these.

I may stick with the 4" but I don't know if I will like the "deep dish" look with the 15x9" which is why I may go with more BS...still trying to vision what it will look like with different BS's.

If I do a 4.5" or 5" BS I will need spacers. Where do you get them that are 1/2" to 1" thick? These wheels will ONLY be used for my street tires NO track what-so-ever..

thnx
ks

i have 3 sets of billet wheel spacers/adapters for sale if you need them. 1" - 1 1/4".

Just a thought...
I will prob be in a similar situation when I narrow my rear end. I plan on setting up the car for a notched frame and 325's on my 10 inch rims. For at least this summer...I will be running 295's and spacers to keep the tires where I need until the notch. I am going to tap my axle face so I can fasten the spacer to it. I do not like the idea of just sandwiching it between the rim and axle and tightening it down. I want it to be part of the axle.
Just offering a little safety advise. Don't want no one hurt or car damaged.

Coach

The adapters securely bolt to the existing studs and gives you 5 additional studs to mount the wheels on.

i have 3 sets of billet wheel spacers/adapters for sale if you need them. 1" - 1 1/4".

Thanks I'll keep this in mind.. Did you use the 1" on the car? How did you like using something that wide? This has me nervous but if others have used 1" wide spacers with no issues then I may consider it more.

I'd prefer to bolt them to the axle flang also but I don't know if the flanges can be drilled or if they are hardened.. Any idea?

ks

These worked fine- just make sure they re torqued down properly, I used around 89 ft lbs- no problem.

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of the 15x9" GN wheels with a 5" BS and the use of a 1" spacer but I also may like a 4.5" BS with a 1/2" spacer..

ks

49-blues said:
The adapters securely bolt to the existing studs and gives you 5 additional studs to mount the wheels on.

Ok...they must be different then I have seen.
Can you post a pic? Do they also center on the axle hub?

What brand are they? I see that some are cast aluminum but obviously those types are not going on my car.. What are good/bad brands to look at?
Time to do some research..

ks