When is the next Raleigh/RTP area gathering???

We'll try for the 15th. I will attempt to get ahold of somebody as far as reserving a shelter @ vista point. Will post when I have something concrete......

Can we do the 8th instead of the 15th? I thought I would be free on the 15th, but my son has an important meeting about the student ambassador program that evening. The 8th would work out better, I could stay longer. And DON'T reserve a shelter! We have never had any problem with taking the last one on the left next to the boat ramps. As long as somebody gets there about 10:30 it is free and clear. Vista Point gets a lot less traffic for picnic'er's, more for boat drops. So don't go throw out a deposit when ya don't have to. As always...I'll bring charcoal and condiments. Also we need a good attendance, I have some things for 2006 that may be of interest to get us a formal Carolina GM TP6 club going for Charlotte Autofair as well as monthly gatherings. :biggrin:

ok, the 8th it is, I'll plan on being there 10:30-ish and start setting up.

NcTyphoon

ATTN : All turbo regal owners and GMC truck owners the date is set for Oct 8th . It's a Bring your own beef event. Nctyphoon will have condiments and charcoal. SloGN will bring ice and drinks (pepsi, MTdew, DR pepper). If you would like to bring something thats ok if not just come on anyhow.

The Agenda for this meet is to meet and say hello to other NC turbo owners of just to say hi to the ones you know. Also to eat and sit around and shoot the $hit. The last thing here is Nctyphoon and myself would like to try and get a car club up and running dealing with the Turbo Regals and the SY/TY trucks so maybe we could possibly reserve a spot @autofair and maybe do some other things as a club.

Time will be from 10:30 until.

Thanks and have a safe trip and we will see ya there.

Oct 8th

It looks like I will be here on the 8th. That may be a little tight for getting the buick together though. So I hope I can bring my blown Z again.

I'm in, Sharif(seeyabye) is supposed to be there, hopefully James(jimmymopower) as well. Patrick: do you want that hood pad now or wait until we start ripping apart my car? And any chance Clint may show? (even though there is no mini-golf in the area)

Holy hell, what are you doing to that car Kevin?!!? You should just give it to me, to save it from any further destruction. Besides, I'm the one that is going to have to put it back together anyway. Translation: Back away from da cah yah retahd! Jus pahk it in my yahd an save us all some trouble yah schmuck!

You sure do talk a lot o'smack there SPAHKY. Don't worry, you'll find out what lurks under "da" hood soon enough. (special pahts from Hahtfud), and I'll bring a special serving of chowdah just for you. :biggrin:

Forgot to say I'll be bringing my 3 kids so basically what we want to eat and drink is what we need to bring. The only thing that will be there is a way to cook and ketchup and mustard and stuff right? I just need to know........A rapid way to make a child cranky is lack of food. :)

I put the motor in the buick and started hooking everything up. Craig Staples should have the trans ready at the end of week. Then I just need to make the duct work to go from the power stroke intercooler to the turbo and the motor.

Correct. From what i remember they do have grilles there and condiments should not be a problem. Next time you see Craig tell him he's more than welcome to come as well. Haven't seen him in at least a year.

I am planning on talking to Craig in the next day or two so I will pass that along.

directions

Jim

If you would like you could ride to randleman and follow me and cheryl and sam down to the lake.

the only way i know how to get there is us 64 after you cross over the lake on the bridge turn right @ the first stoplight and take that road all the way to the end. Thats vista point we will be in the first shelter.

Look Quick said:
Can someone post directions from Burlington area?
Jim, take Hwy 87 east towards Pittsboro. Turn left onto Hwy 64 at Pittsboro. Stay on 64 about maybe 7-8 miles, you'll come to a stoplight with a Citgo station on the left, you'll see Vista Point market on the right, turn right, follow road all the way into the park(it's maybe 1-2 miles from 64), the shelter is the LAST on left before you reach the boat access parking lot, it's secluded and easy to miss, so if you get to the big parking lot, just turn around and go back to 1st driveway on the right.

How late will this go on? Will anyone be there mid-afternoon or is it a lunch event?
Conrad

Conrad,
Usually we are there until 3:30-4:00 , sometimes later depending on weather, and how many come out. We TRY to get there about 10:30 / 11:00, and start cooking at 12 or shortly thereafter. Come on out if ya can

Conrad

Conrad

there will be folks there til at least 3 in the afternnon most peeps will be arriving around noon or after