When do you go to a fast xfi system??

If you are still aiming for a 10.49 time slip like you talked about you can get there with a chip and the stuff you have. If you are going to always be upgrading parts because you have become addicted to " How fast can my Buick go?" , a common affliction around here, then get the FAST unit.

The XFI has some nice features built in so I would not go to a classic FAST. I have 3 and they all work well but the XFI has traction control, internal datalogging and other features that I cant remember off the top of my head. Cal, Norbs or Dusty can tell you more than I can. That being said, this is all about getting to your goal and what it takes to get there.

Both chip guys will make changes if you send it back. Why do you keep buying new ones?

Food for thought. I would never buy a used fast or fast classic without a clean bill of health from fast.

Rick

I never been offered a Change for injectors size or extra options, To be fair I never asked either.
Thanks for the heads up on the XFI stuff.

If you are still aiming for a 10.49 time slip like you talked about you can get there with a chip and the stuff you have. If you are going to always be upgrading parts because you have become addicted to " How fast can my Buick go?" , a common affliction around here, then get the FAST unit.

The XFI has some nice features built in so I would not go to a classic FAST. I have 3 and they all work well but the XFI has traction control, internal datalogging and other features that I cant remember off the top of my head. Cal, Norbs or Dusty can tell you more than I can. That being said, this is all about getting to your goal and what it takes to get there.

My concern is the cost of redoing things.
I made the mistake of following the advice of doing things in small steps and that has cost me a LOT OF money and time.
Resale value of good used stuff is BS unless its being sold by a name.
So at this point i will NOT get just what i need now, I will get what I need later especially if i can make it work now.
stock injectors cleaned + chip $$$
First upgrade 42s + 2 chips $$$
Second upgrade 60s + 2 chips $$$
Third upgrade 120s + 2 modded ECMS + 2 chips $$$
Scanmaster $$$
PowerLogger $$$

Do i need XFI no. BUT i have an XFI and upgrade injectors again it won't be an issue Right?
If i go to an LS motor i a can still use this same XFI box.

Do i need XFI no. BUT i have an XFI and upgrade injectors again it won't be an issue Right?
If i go to an LS motor i a can still use this same XFI box.

The XFI will work with any injectors and nearly any engine you want. If, down the road, you swap to an LS engine you will need to add an XIM to run the ignition. You forgot to mention you can also sell your WBO2.

The XFI will work with any injectors and nearly any engine you want. If, down the road, you swap to an LS engine you will need to add an XIM to run the ignition. You forgot to mention you can also sell your WBO2.

The WB sensor gets plugged into the XFI its self?

I disagree on the 100mph stuff, but you can use the same xfi on both vehicles if you don't drive them the same time.
You can even set the xfi up so it recognizes the vehicle it's plugged into and runs the appropriate tune without plugging a laptop into it

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

...You can even set the xfi up so it recognizes the vehicle it's plugged into and runs the appropriate tune without plugging a laptop into it

I may be sold. That was unknown to me. Pretty cool stuff.

dont forget you can recoup some money by selling your "chip" stuff, no need for a MAF, translator, powerlogger, chips, etc. If you are serious about it, go to www.fuelairspark.com to downoad the software and start fingering (giggity) thru it to get yourself familiar with the parameters.

Do you have a dummy file I can load? I dl'd the software but can't see any tables as I don't have an ecm to connect to nor a file to load. I couldn't find where to open a setup from scratch and set everything up myself.

TIA.

Select: File/Read All Tables
And select a tune and load it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I disagree on the 100mph stuff, but you can use the same xfi on both vehicles if you don't drive them the same time.
You can even set the xfi up so it recognizes the vehicle it's plugged into and runs the appropriate tune without plugging a laptop into it

That was poking at another "dude".

That multi car feature is super cool

Do you have a dummy file I can load? I dl'd the software but can't see any tables as I don't have an ecm to connect to nor a file to load. I couldn't find where to open a setup from scratch and set everything up myself.

TIA.

Give me your email address and I can email you my xfi software in a zip file, it's unlocked for viewing/editing on my work computer.

Give me your email address and I can email you my xfi software in a zip file, it's unlocked for viewing/editing on my work computer.

You don't have to send the whole file. Just your ECU.cfg file

, but you can use the same xfi on both vehicles if you don't drive them the same time.

That feature alone will help people with multiple cars make a decision to move to XFI...

Bryan

Reading all about fast makes me want to.switch. just curious on laptop requirements? I presume its not mac compatibale correct