wheels off the ground.

wicked_TurboLV

wana race my lowrider???
just installed new transbreak and just learned how to use it last night and one of the nifty things i learned was, how to get the front wheel off the ground, he he he. That was a time of 12.4@111 with a horrible 60ft. 1.8 supra status. hopfully 11's are in out reach because our best time was 12.23@110 with 18-19 psi(got to excited and forgot to look) just had to let someone know cause were rookies.

You pulled the front tires off the ground with a 12.4 pass w/ a 1.8 60'?????.Damn:eek: :eek: :eek: :confused: :eek: --i sure must be doing something wrong--my 11.80 with a 1.70 60' wasn't even close.Pretty impressive.

Geoff

hey--you guys did really good! at that mph 11's should be no problem. did you retorque the heads?? call me--len

The only way a 1.8 60' is pulling the wheels is if you are tripping the 60' beam with the rear wheels. If you have never achieved a decent 60' it might FEEL like the wheels are up as the front end lifts considerably but those wheels are likely still on the ground.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time believing you can pull tires with a 1.8 60'. Hell, mine is sideways with a 60' like that! I have seen, however, my buddies 69 chevelle pull a tire on a 1.75 60', but it wasn't like it was that fast, it just bounced from corner to corner so hard that a tire came up. Of course, he put a cable around the a arm to prevent it from dropping when you lift the front end. I pulled a 1.66 one time and it was on the verge of pulling one tire. It takes a lot.

i've run 1.6 and 1.7 60 foot times before and i never came close to pulling the front end off the ground...i could FEEL the front end rising...but it wasn't enough to actually lift...

ITS TRUE

sorry guys but the WHEEL did get off the ground, got it on film. just to specify it didnt get both and it didnt lift lots of inches, but you can see the weld wheel travel just under a foot before it starts turning at a 10psi lonch. it might be hard to find true, but it really is and once i have the tools and know how to put the footage on this site for people to see i will. I know this car has potential for high to mid 11's with its set up and better driving.

p.s. thanks to LEN very much for your help and knowledge and appriciate the time you gave me and edgar from your very busy scedule. Thanks, danny

I can host the video if you can send it to me.. send me a pm if you are interested.

sounds a little fishy here too. I thought that you are not even close to wheels up territory until you cut in the 1.5's for a 60. Am I wrong? what type of slicks were you using?

hoosier

the hoosiers have three little treads on them and were at 10 psi. I left the guy above a pm but didnt get anything from him. if their was someone in vegas to host the video, id be more than happy to bring it to them:)

Well if nobody noticed, this is in the Kill/Fish section and I don't see a Kill so........................

Originally posted by 1badTTA
Well if nobody noticed, this is in the Kill/Fish section and I don't see a Kill so........................
1badtta- is that all you have to say? why bother writing anything at all. i dont know why you guys are busting these guys ball! these 2 kids did a dam good job of puting this gn together and it runs dam good for it being the first time of working with a tr. they did much reading and i talked to them many times. i rebuilt the trans with a brake and a 9/11 converter. then i helped them tune the car and i dont care what the 60 ft. was. im sure it lifted the front tire and this car will easly go mid to hi 11's. people turn to tb.com to get info and share their stoires. and you guys are a bunch of old fart ball busters. 1 badtta i dont know why you chimed in at all. the only thing you wanted to do was start trouble and as far as i can see no one asked you anything. so piss off---len

right on LEN, I didnt want to say anything cause i might have been to rude but you said it just perfect. maybe one day we could turn him into a kill fish story-Danny

Well, I hate to correct you guys, but(actually, I love telling people they are wrong), I have run a best of 12.1 in my waGoN, and I have a professionally taken photograph of the car with the driver's front wheel off the ground, on a measly 1.7? 60'. So, yes it is possible. Actually, what it tells you is that the car doesn't have the best suspension setup. Probably no air bag in the passenger's side. I had mine deflated. The car hooks, and twists when it takes off. It's not the best way to do it, but it sure looks cool. So, if he says he did it, and he says he has proof, then I don't need any proof, because I know it is possible. I have proof of my own, not to mention witnesses. So, there!

Brian

Originally posted by LV GN
1badtta- is that all you have to say? why bother writing anything at all. i dont know why you guys are busting these guys ball! these 2 kids did a dam good job of puting this gn together and it runs dam good for it being the first time of working with a tr. they did much reading and i talked to them many times. i rebuilt the trans with a brake and a 9/11 converter. then i helped them tune the car and i dont care what the 60 ft. was. im sure it lifted the front tire and this car will easly go mid to hi 11's. people turn to tb.com to get info and share their stoires. and you guys are a bunch of old fart ball busters. 1 badtta i dont know why you chimed in at all. the only thing you wanted to do was start trouble and as far as i can see no one asked you anything. so piss off---len

Well if you would like to ask the Mods where this thread belongs then feel free. The reason I only made the one comment is because the rest had already been posted.

I am sure it is possible and even happened that the LF got pulled just enough to not turn if the car was all twisted up (common on G-bodys with stock rear suspension) especially with a T-brake. As for me being impressed, not in the least about the "wheels off ground" launch posted in the Kill/Fish section.

As for taking the car out for the first time, those aren't bad times at all, get some seat time in and get the suspension sorted out (less impressive "wheels on ground" but much faster 60'times) and the car should be running mid 11's consistently.

It is possible to "pull a wheel" with only a 1.80 60 ft. I've done it myself. The typical cause is the car launching very hard and getting good traction - then a less-than-optimum chassis "unloads", the tires start to spin, and the 60 ft (and hence the rest of the run) suffers accordingly.

2.3 60' wheels off ground

I had a 2.309 60 foot pulling the tire off the ground. But, I had two midgets jumping up and down on the trunk when I took off though:D I think the midgets got a 3.501 60' after they rolled off the trunk and skidded past the beam, then they started wrestling.

nah, someone had to through a funny in on this one. I do believe wicked_TurboLV good job, but others are right, prolly should work on the suspension to improve that e.t. 60' times are important, depending on what you want to do with the car.

A wheel off the ground is kinda impressive, especially for our considerably large cars. However, the older crowds are most likely not impressed.

OK....not my Turbo car just my GS, but as you'll see at the end of the Video, 1.87 60' time

I didn't carry the wheel too long, it just hopped, but it definately left the ground as seen by several friends standing at the starting line.

Soooo......I say its possible

http://itnmedia.com/alan/mygs2002.wmv

for those interested.....4,100 Pound Convertible, 464" BBB, 3.08 gears and BFG Drag radials that never hook - you can hear it spin after the launch and I had to pedal it to keep the smoke show from happening

My buddies '69 pulls a tire for a second, and his best 60' is like 1.75. Its not from it hooking, its from the motor torquing the chassis over. That damn car would almost pull a tire from a roll, just because the motor twisted the chassis so much. It needs a cage and some bracing.