Wheels for Black Turbo T

Murt TTA

Condoms prevent minivans
Has anyone put these black zr-1 wheels on their GN or T type? They seem like a good price for 17's and look sweet, similair to the simmons wheels.

fullView.asp

Also, does anyone know if the 17x11's would fit in the rear, and what kind of spacers would be needed?

Thanks,
Murt

I am borrowing my roommates silver ZR1's and man they look AWESOME on my GN..everyone stares at it like mad..I've always wanted to know what the black ZR1's would look like on our cars, had the same idea for a while now and I'm sure it would look awesome...

These wheels came off his 88 IROC which uses some thick machined $300 spacers that I also had to use on my car..don't think the 11's would fit in the back..these are 17x9 with 265's on them and it's close on the inside rear to the frame.

Adrian got any pics?

So the 3rd gen f-body spacers are the same spacers u need for the buicks?

Thanks

I agree, those would look great. Put a turbo6 emblem over the chevy and you would be set. You could probably find cheap sets on ebay.

I just called SLP, they now make 17x8 zr1 style wheels for $699 that will fit the front of thirdgen's with no spacers. I think they should bolt on to a turbobuick with no problem, so at 700 for a set of 4, seems like a good deal.

~Murt

When you find out, I'd really like to know. Those wheels in black is what I've been looking for, without spending the big dollars. Did Slp know if they would fit?

gotboost- I emailed hawks thirdgen parts and they sent me a reply and said that the 17x8 wheels have the same offset and will fit thirdgen f-body's with no spacers. I am still waiting to get an answer directly from SLP, but if they fit the thirdgen's with no spacers, I assume they will fit turbobuicks with no spacers.

They come in 2 colors, I am probably going to buy a set, and have the centers painted black and leave a polished lip.

Here is what they look like

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/inc/pdetail?v=1&pid=13964

This would be a sweet and lowcost option for turbo buick owners looking to upgrade their rims.

~Murt

Originally posted by Murt TTA
gotboost- I emailed hawks thirdgen parts and they sent me a reply and said that the 17x8 wheels have the same offset and will fit thirdgen f-body's with no spacers. I am still waiting to get an answer directly from SLP, but if they fit the thirdgen's with no spacers, I assume they will fit turbobuicks with no spacers.

They come in 2 colors, I am probably going to buy a set, and have the centers painted black and leave a polished lip.

Here is what they look like

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/inc/pdetail?v=1&pid=13964

This would be a sweet and lowcost option for turbo buick owners looking to upgrade their rims.

~Murt
These are Much niceer than the ZR1's posted at the top of this thread,,I like the wider lip,GN's need the lip to look right,otherwise they look like a Cheech and Chong mobile:cool:

This post has been edited under the 10 min rule:eek:

I like those too. At $175 apiece that's better than some regular 15X8s.

I rarely like the look of modern style wheels on either gns or trs but I have to admit that the second ones, the hawks look better to me than the other ones. However, I can see both of the Hawk colors, silver and black going on black, silver, gray, and white trs in general.
I am wondering if I were to have a set of the Hawks repainted, or powder coated in white to match my white tr. Hmmm?

Previously posted by:
"DR BOOST
" the online wheel kicker"

im sorry but i was so tempted!

surej
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's ok. I am worse than the village prostitute when it comes to wanting/getting attention.
But "TOLWK" does have a nice ring to it. Maybe I can use that as an alternate alias when I get tired of "TOLTK"
No, I can't do that. I would have to change my signature to:
"TOLWK'= The On Line Wheel Kicker

I prefer
TOLTK= The On Line Tire Kicker

Go figure, huh?

But kicking tires isn't too bad, as it got me a TR nice enough to get into www.GNRegistry.com
as a "Black Diamond" award winner for this year (2004), and it will be in Hemming's Muscle Machines sometime in the near future. It could be worse, I guess. It does seem, though, that nobody, I mean nobody, likes tire kickers. And to think that it was as socially acceptable means of inspecting a vehicle in the 30's, 40's, and into the 50's, I believe. I would much rather be called a "tire Kicker" than to hear everybody say, Hey, sell that car to Wells, he'll buy anything.

its good to be a careful buyer. I just couldnt help myself when i saw your name on the post.

post some pics of your car please. it sounds like a killer

surej
"TOLAK"
THE ON LINE A$$ KICKER

I finally realized one day that what I like so much about the GNX look is the color scheme. I love the black wheel and chrome ring on GN's. So I bailed on the GTA fronts spacer nonsense, and have been looking for black rims that will fit.. What a PITA. But this post has exactly what I am looking for. Those vette rims at the top are the look I want. And the HAWK one's further down the page will fit with no spacers? SWEET! But does anyone know if the black option is painted all black or if they still have the shiny lip/rim. Does anyone know the backspacing?. And if there are any other similar looking rims out there I should see before I buy these? I guess 8 inch will be wide enough out back.....Sould look awesome in 17" to...

so now that I look at the pic...hyperblack is some B.S. gray color.....this is really pissing me off...Cant I get black wheels with polished lips anywhere?

Nice! I wish the black ones were on sale. I like those for my silver color.