Wheel choices

yruslow

I'm hoping someone out there has some ideas on what wheels look good on GN's or Turbo regal . It seems everybody goes with GNX style wheels .Hey they look killer but everyone has them . I kinda want to go G-machine look. Anyone have ideas drop a line

torque thrust II's look nasty on GN's im getting a set, also reproduction IROC Z wheels in chrome 17's or 18's look really good on GN's that ive seen.

I agree about the Torque thrust 2s looking very good. I have a set of 17" TT2s i just put on a few weekes ago. 17x8 up front and 17x9.5 in the rear with 315 nittos. I couldn't be happier with how it came out. There are a lot of good looking wheels out there including the new SLP zr1 rims that fit our cars. A good friend has rondell BBs style rims on his and they look really good as well. I'll try to get some pics of my car but the site i host all my pics on is down right now.

Originally posted by Kent C
IMO torque thrust are getting to be way over used!!
I agree, I like the look of them but there all over the place, I'm one of those guys who doesn't want the same thing as everyone else.

g-machine wheels?

monte carlo ss wheels. they aren't the best looking wheels but they look great on a gn. we swaped the wheels off out aero coupe with the slicks on my dads car for a long drive and they looked great. far better than the gnx wheels it has on it in my oppinion.

i really like they way they looked on the car.

or just be cool and do some three spokes!! :rolleyes:

Hey JP87GN Ilove those wheels you have on your car .What are those simmons? I got a question I'm hoping someone can help me with.I've been looking for different type wheel for my car and I'm starting to look at rondell wheelsbut all the bolt patterns are 5X120 mm Idon't think this will work will it?

Originally posted by yruslow
Hey JP87GN Ilove those wheels you have on your car .What are those simmons? I got a question I'm hoping someone can help me with.I've been looking for different type wheel for my car and I'm starting to look at rondell wheelsbut all the bolt patterns are 5X120 mm Idon't think this will work will it?

That bolt pattern will fit fine, its the backspacing that won't. You will need an adaptor. My friend has Rondell #58s on his T and they look incredible. He is running the 17x10s in the rear and 17x8s up front. You can get really well done adaptors at www.skulte.com. I'm running a set of adaptors in the rear of my car and they work great. Before i came across my TT2s i was considering the Rondell 72s. They make a great wheel and are very high quality

Originally posted by yruslow
Yes they are Simmons OM series, 18x8.5 front and 18x9.5 rear.

JP's tires

JP I went and looked at the simmons site. What kind of backspacing did you need for those tires? I was actually really interested and getting some tires done from them. If you don't mind me asking what did they charge you for a set?

Re: JP's tires

Originally posted by Duff73
JP I went and looked at the simmons site. What kind of backspacing did you need for those tires? I was actually really interested and getting some tires done from them. If you don't mind me asking what did they charge you for a set?
Fronts are 18x8.5 w/ - 7mm offset and 245 40 18's, rears are 18x9.5 w/ - 13mm offset and 295 35 18's. My package price shipped to my door was $3,500, so they are not cheap! but worth it IMO. If you are really interested talk to Jeff at groupawheels.com

Need some help here! About the Rondell Wheels #58 I'm planning on going 17X8.5 all the way around and it is my understanding that wheel backspacing is 4.5 will I need adapters or spacers to do this ? Can anyone out there thing of any other problem I might have by using these wheels? Please drop a line

I run a 18x8.5 w/ 4.5" BS in front so you should be fine there ,You should be fine in the rear also but may want to run a spacer just for looks.