What's the differents between scat H beam rods K1 rods and gn1 rods ?

What about as far as quality, are they the same as far as strength and durability? Molnar, K1, Eagle

What about as far as quality, are they the same as far as strength and durability? Molnar, K1, Eagle

I think most would agree that K1 and Molnar rods are among the best H Beam 4340 forged rods out there. Both use a 7/16 ARP 2000 fastener, whereas Eagle uses a 3/8 ARP 2000 fastener. Unless upgraded fasteners are used, Scat uses 7/16 ARP 8740 fasteners that hold up well beyond their 900 HP rating.

Eagle has said their connecting rods are good to 1500 HP while Scat says 900 HP. Molnar was wise to not attach any rating as most failures occur because of other variables (ie. detonation) and not that actual horsepower produced.

You will find that the material used in the rods does vary as well. Eagle and Scat rods fall in around 630 grams or less while K1 and Molnar rods are closer to 700 grams. More material, in the right places, is a good thing.

A billet steel I Beam connecting rod is better yet, but like anything else it is best to use matched internal components that will achieve your performance goals.

The issue of which is better, H or I Beam connecting rods, is something manufacturers like to debate. IMO, it's the manufacturing process and materials used that differentiate quality in these regards.