what would i need?

TurboTdanman

I currently have a weak fuel pump which is a walbro 340.
I would really like to go to running E85 since 110 racing gas is so expensive its not cost effective for me.
I currently have a PT-61 turbo, built motor, not sure what cams in the car since i bought it this way, champion ported irons, accufab 70mm tb and plenum and im running 25lbs of boost. I have 55lb injectors.

Im just wondering your expert opinions on what i would need for a fuel system if i wanted to switch to E85.

is a single pump good enough to supply enough fuel for E85? what lb injectors would i need to run E85 with my set up.

Or is it recommended to go with a double pumper and alot bigger injectors?

im on the stock ECM also with a TT chip.

Thanks guys!

What are your goals? A double pump setup from Racetronix is fairly easy, and convenient. Other than cost no reason not to go that route? Stock lines will take you pretty far.

Mods are in my sig. My IDC is around 89%. I would say go 120's and you should be happy.

Either the TT340 pump or a Deatchwerks DW300. Both of them flow about the same and are great pumps. Both are alcohol compatible. Biggest injectors you can afford.

the TT340 says on turbotweaks web site the return line has to be modded, has anyone dealt with the newer style TT340 pump before?

the only thing i have to deal with injector wise is finding and injector that the stock ecm can run, kinda new to these cars so all the help is apperciated.

the TT340 says on turbotweaks web site the return line has to be modded, has anyone dealt with the newer style TT340 pump before?

the only thing i have to deal with injector wise is finding and injector that the stock ecm can run, kinda new to these cars so all the help is apperciated.
The DW will likely require the same mods. Two 255lph pumps will help you avoid this situation.

With over 50 DW pumps installed in stock GN's, we have yet to see a problem with the return line? :confused: If you can install 2 pumps with more flow than one DW pump, logic says the return line is not an issue?

Eric, Richard Clark and I have had this discussion in person about the stock return line not having sufficient flow, but in some cases this may be true as the stock lines/fitting vary among cars.

We just installed a new Walbro 416 E-85 pump in a car using a 66mm turbo, and preliminary indications with street data shows this single pump, as an alternative to a double pumper, is more than adequate to supply enough fuel, and should be fine with your turbo.

The 416 is a very simple install with a stock hanger, and we will be doing some dyno testing to find the upper HP limits.

What we have found with E-85 cars on the street is that in the RPM operating range of 4000-5600 demands lots of fuel and it is important in this range that enough voltage is supplied to the pump, which should be close to 14 volts, as injector duty cycle can rise rapidly into a critical range if not enough voltage is available?

I have installed many double pumpers over the years, and there is one downside to using them over a single pump, and that is a pump failure at RPM which would cause a very lean condition. Usually it is not a bad pump, but a wiring issue. It is a rare occurrence, but it can cause serious damage if it happens at the right [WRONG] time. :eek:

With over 50 DW pumps installed in stock GN's, we have yet to see a problem with the return line? :confused: If you can install 2 pumps with more flow than one DW pump, logic says the return line is not an issue?

Eric, Richard Clark and I have had this discussion in person about the stock return line not having sufficient flow, but in some cases this may be true as the stock lines/fitting vary among cars.

We just installed a new Walbro 416 E-85 pump in a car using a 66mm turbo, and preliminary indications with street data shows this single pump, as an alternative to a double pumper, is more than adequate to supply enough fuel, and should be fine with your turbo.

The 416 is a very simple install with a stock hanger, and we will be doing some dyno testing to find the upper HP limits.

What we have found with E-85 cars on the street is that in the RPM operating range of 4000-5600 demands lots of fuel and it is important in this range that enough voltage is supplied to the pump, which should be close to 14 volts, as injector duty cycle can rise rapidly into a critical range if not enough voltage is available?

I have installed many double pumpers over the years, and there is one downside to using them over a single pump, and that is a pump failure at RPM which would cause a very lean condition. Usually it is not a bad pump, but a wiring issue. It is a rare occurrence, but it can cause serious damage if it happens at the right [WRONG] time. :eek:
I would add that a volt booster offers even more insurance,as the pump would receive about 16 volts when it could use it the most.