What work is needed after flattened cam?

AlaskaGN

I was wondering what all needed to be done if you flattened a cam lobe? Obviously tear down and inspect bearings and such but do you usually have something else done if everything looks OK? thanks for the help.

Vat the engine and heads, check the crank for condition, check the timing cover for damage.

Basically a complete rebuild, sorry.

Also have the turbo checked out. Mine was junk after that happened to me.
there may also be filings trapped in the radiator. It's not super fun time right now.

D

I wiped a lobe once and did manage to clean the engine up without removing it from the car but it took a lot of time and i had to tear the engine down basically to just the short block and wiped everything down that i could get to and i replaced the rod and main bearings. I blocked off the radiator engine cooler and changed the oil a few times to remove more of the metal shavings that i knew were still in there when i got it back together. I took my oil filter apart and checked it and it didn't show any shavings after the third oil change. I use the System 1 oil filter so it comes apart easily to clean and inspect. I also use the Turbo Saver remote oil filter relocation sytem and the turbo never got damaged as far as i could tell anyway,i reused it without doing anything and it worked fine.

If i had been able to remove the engine i would have done it,it would of been much better and faster than doing it in the car. But sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

Ps, the engine is still running.