What will this do to the Nat's at Beach Bend

I went to the Hot Rod reunion on Saturday this past summer. It was so packed I can't describe it and if it grew anymore BG could not handle it. Traffic going in to the park on Saturday was backed up more than 1 mile in all 3 directions at the redlight by the rail road tracks. The stands had no seats left, people lined the fence on both sides. Even the pits were full well down passed the finish line and back to the creek. I didn't realize how much pit space there was in BG but there wasn't room for any more. Race cars were even pitted outside the fence by the roller coaster. We knew the back roads to get in and still took us over 45 minutes from the rail road to get to the gate.

Saturday night some guys were hurt and there was a hard time getting the ambulances through the traffic to the hospital. I doubt it will hurt the nats because this NHRA event was HUGE.

Sucks about the lawsuit though :mad: Sounds like our local idiots at Huntsville don't it.....

It won't do much as far as the nats are concerned, 37,000 people don't show up for the nats anyway.

Based on attendance at the nats the last few years there shouldn't be any problem getting in and out of the event.

Buicksx2 said:
It won't do much as far as the nats are concerned, 37,000 people don't show up for the nats anyway.

Based on attendance at the nats the last few years there shouldn't be any problem getting in and out of the event.

Certainly not for you............D.W. :biggrin:

D.W. said:
Certainly not for you............D.W. :biggrin:

>>> You are correct, I haven't had any problems traffic wise getting in and out of beech bend since 1995 and don't anticipate and future traffic jams either.

Ive been there that last 4 years and have not had any trouble getting in :)

Buicksx2 said:
>>> You are correct, I haven't had any problems traffic wise getting in and out of beech bend since 1995 and don't anticipate and future traffic jams either.

To quote a famous line in the Isaac Hayes Shaft song recording...... "RIGHT ONNNNNNN"!!! D.W. :biggrin:

D.W. said:
To quote a famous line in the Isaac Hayes Shaft song recording...... "RIGHT ONNNNNNN"!!! D.W. :biggrin:

>>> Let's not forget the theme song from Shaft by Isaac Hayes, another great song.

Sounds to me like somebody (Matt Baker) is whining/crying because he bought property w/o checking to see who/what was around him. People like him need to be slapped 'side the head for being ignorant. Dragstrip/race track/amusement park = noise. Should have done some research before moving in there buddy.... :rolleyes:

I read where that douchebag who is suing used to work for Beech Bend, so he surely bought his property knowing full well what was there. I wonder what his real motive is. Maybe he has a grudge against his former employer? :confused:

If I didn't know better I'd say that Matt Baker is trying to get rich quick. I dont know how long he has been there but he knows he is sitting on a gold mine. I think his plan is to cause as much trouble as he can so the county or the city buys him out. He can more or less name his price. He has Beech Bend and Warren Co by the balls and they know it. Its not going to take long before somebody relizes that the $4M they are loosing this year and every year aint worth the trouble. Kind of eminent domain by extortion. At least BB and local government is standing their ground. If they buy Baker out than they are pretty much going to have to buy every body on that road out. Either Baker is a total idiot or a real estate investment genius.

Buicksx2 said:

why not? :confused: