What type of Buick Regal T-Top did i find in germany??

Congrats on the car! She's a beauty. Make sure to make good on your promise to the old lady. :)

Here's a few of the the things you are looking for. Both companies offer lots of goodies for our cars. If you do not see what you need, pick up the phone and call them. Brian and Glen are both knowledgeable and helpful.

http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=479
http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=130
http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=1416
http://www.highwaystars.net/weatherstripping/

You can find a bunch of stuff on the for sale section of this site and on ebay too...

Thank you for all the information!
Yeah, ask me, i know about no carburator... stop pumping! But... in that moment... i was on my first beetle with 40er Weber ;-)
We have min 95 Octane unleaded, 98 and 100 (called V-Power).

What is the scanmaster? I have to get one! Is there a kind of plug, like modern cars have, OBD?

Ahh, i thought, the original seals are no longer available.
And when i go the low price way for the seals, is there a dealer with good ones?
Found makmonte, he does not ship to germany... or AM Autoparts with this:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/310916818084?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I will take out the relais, did already the half of spring cleaning some weeks ago, but left the transmission. But will do it, when i get the car into my garage.
My Porsche 914 3.2ltr is still in finishing :)

Yes, i believe, there is no V6 turbo engine available in germany, so i will take max care!

I did some pics today, please have a look.
You see the sticker on the underside of the deck lid.
I had a look to the back brake. I see on wikipedia, the WE4 has brakedrums alloy. These are steel. One pic shows.

What do you see by reading the sticker?

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    385 KB · Views: 160
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 163
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 157
Haha hope we don't overwhelm you Ollie but I think you are our first German Turbo Regal owner. That's a big responsibility hahaha!
It will be up to you to get that old T-Type running fast and smoking all the BMW's and VW's around. We will help you along for sure!

Tell us if you have ever heard of something called detonation, or "knock retard". If not, let us know right away. It's the number one thing you want to avoid with your new Turbo Buick. If you can learn about it and how to prevent it, your Buick will reward you handsomely.

Haha hope we don't overwhelm you Ollie but I think you are our first German Turbo Regal owner. That's a big responsibility hahaha!
It will be up to you to get that old T-Type running fast and smoking all the BMW's and VW's around. We will help you along for sure!

Tell us if you have ever heard of something called detonation, or "knock retard". If not, let us know right away. It's the number one thing you want to avoid with your new Turbo Buick. If you can learn about it and how to prevent it, your Buick will reward you handsomely.

Great, great!!
I will be the german Turbo Regal connection!
Oooohhh, i think i heard already the knock retard... What you call so is when octane to low, or compression to high, or ignition to early, and, and... you hear a knocking, not sounding very good, at little higher upm, with a little load. Is that right? I got it only once, after that i did prevent it and was very carefull. We got about 50mls at all...

Thank you for all the information!
Yeah, ask me, i know about no carburator... stop pumping! But... in that moment... i was on my first beetle with 40er Weber ;-)
We have min 95 Octane unleaded, 98 and 100 (called V-Power).

What is the scanmaster? I have to get one! Is there a kind of plug, like modern cars have, OBD?

Ahh, i thought, the original seals are no longer available.
And when i go the low price way for the seals, is there a dealer with good ones?
Found makmonte, he does not ship to germany... or AM Autoparts with this:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/310916818084?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I will take out the relais, did already the half of spring cleaning some weeks ago, but left the transmission. But will do it, when i get the car into my garage.
My Porsche 914 3.2ltr is still in finishing :)

Yes, i believe, there is no V6 turbo engine available in germany, so i will take max care!

I did some pics today, please have a look.
You see the sticker on the underside of the deck lid.
I had a look to the back brake. I see on wikipedia, the WE4 has brakedrums alloy. These are steel. One pic shows.

What do you see by reading the sticker?

This will tell you all about the RPO - http://gnttype.org/forums/archive/index.php?t-12481.html I see you have g80 which is posi traction, which is great. A scanmaster give you all kinds of information to help you tune your car. I think the original seals are available somewhere. The t-tops are the ones that are the main issue though. The others you can get from highway stars and I'm sure some other vendors on here.

This will tell you all about the RPO - http://gnttype.org/forums/archive/index.php?t-12481.html I see you have g80 which is posi traction, which is great. A scanmaster give you all kinds of information to help you tune your car. I think the original seals are available somewhere. The t-tops are the ones that are the main issue though. The others you can get from highway stars and I'm sure some other vendors on here.

Wow, posi traction means limited slip diff??
I took an old one out and a quaife torsen differential into my 914 last week, the reason it is still in work.
Is the Buick limited slip diff maintanance free? Or does it have multi discs, what does wear out?

Wow, posi traction means limited slip diff??
I took an old one out and a quaife torsen differential into my 914 last week, the reason it is still in work.
Is the Buick limited slip diff maintanance free? Or does it have multi discs, what does wear out?

Yes, Posi is the same as limited. As far as what wears out, I'll let someone else answer that as I'm not the most knowledgeable person. Personally I'd just change the fluid and leave her be. They are known to handle some abuse.

Score! It could be a WE4 package. The sticker on the underside of the deck lid will tell you.

Go to Vortex Buicks for decoding info.

If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay?

Not sure where my brain was when I typed that. The WO2 option, which did not include black bumpers, was only available on a base Regal for a short while and was then discontinued. You could still get a black Regal but it had all bright (chrome) trim. The only way to get the black bumpers other than a GN was on a WE4, which included a manditory WO2 package option and yours are chrome so...........

Not sure where my brain was when I typed that. The WO2 option, which did not include black bumpers, was only available on a base Regal for a short while and was then discontinued. You could still get a black Regal but it had all bright (chrome) trim. The only way to get the black bumpers other than a GN was on a WE4, which included a manditory WO2 package option and yours are chrome so...........
That is not tooo bad, I like the chrome! Do you?
And, except one dent, it is in very good condition, very good! And happy, i'am a dent repair guy. Not used to repair chrome, but I will get it. Would be easier with stainless steel, but I give my best.
The paint of the Regal is damaged, but it is original... May be, it only gets some smart repairs.

It would be best to run the 100. That will help stop any detonation (knock and pinging).

I live near Cologne in Moenchengladbach.
Hi Olli.D
Send private message tobuicktom61. Not sure how far he is from you but he can maybe provide some info. Good find, congrats and good luck.

How much is the 95, 98 and 100 octane fuel per liter?

D
This time it is quite cheap :-0
95 is 1.40 € is 1,56USD , 98 is 1.50€ is 1,68USD, 100 may be 1.65€ is 1,85USD

But... that is NOTHING!
I remember going last summer from Los Angeles to San Francisco seaside on the Highway No 1 --- puuuhhhhh.... Petrol, it was three times more than usual!---
But it was nice! We went from Arkansas to San Diego, to San Francisco (visited Pomona swap meet) went up an had the luck for a very great car meeting at Monterey / Carmel.
Going to Lake Tahoe, Death Valley, Vegas and home...

Hi Olli.D
Send private message tobuicktom61. Not sure how far he is from you but he can maybe provide some info. Good find, congrats and good luck.
Jerryl, great info, thanks! Moenchengladbach is just 40min :) And Buicktom61 may be my age, haha...

Hi, my Grandfather came to the states from Germany, his name was Helmut..
Being a stock t-tops car it probably drives a little sloppy. Front frame braces, connecting front brace, under hood braces & rear seat brace will stiffen it up nicely. Add in New body bushings and fresh bilstein shocks all around and it will feel almost like New. You can find these items at kirbanperformance.com..

The paint of the Regal is damaged, but it is original... May be, it only gets some smart repairs.

Sadly the original lacquer paint wasn't too good. While many still remain the original paint, some even looking good, many have been repainted too. It can be repaired, but just giving you something to think about.

Our 95 octane fuel is near the 93 octane US-fuel. I think it will be good enough for every day, if you don't hit the hammer to much. Better you use Super plus with 98 Octane on race days.
Oli you has the first Turbo Regal I know in Germany, but there are two 86 Grand National here. One is near Leipzig and the other is mine here in Moenchengladbach.
Now we can open the "German Turbo Regal Chapter".
Send a message to your account.

Happy Buicking
Thomas

Our 95 octane fuel is near the 93 octane US-fuel. I think it will be good enough for every day, if you don't hit the hammer to much. Better you use Super plus with 98 Octane on race days.
Oli you has the first Turbo Regal I know in Germany, but there are two 86 Grand National here. One is near Leipzig and the other is mine here in Moenchengladbach.
Now we can open the "German Turbo Regal Chapter".
Send a message to your account.

Happy Buicking
Thomas
According to this chart your guys 95 is closer to 91 octane. - http://www.pencilgeek.org/2009/05/octane-rating-conversions.html I would probably go with your guys 98 which is around our 94 octane.

According to this chart your guys 95 is closer to 91 octane. - http://www.pencilgeek.org/2009/05/octane-rating-conversions.html I would probably go with your guys 98 which is around our 94 octane.

Ooohh, that is very interesting!!
I thought it is the same calculation. The Porsche cars, 70 and 80 Years, i'am interested in, for US market they used to have lower compression rate.
Like 1:9,1 for EU and 1:8,7 for USA, for example.
I thought the reason was the lower octane in USA...
THX for that information!